A Failed Attempt at an Original Colour Combo

Amaranth

So today I decided to play with my make-up, and I was like, "okay, do eenie-meenie-mynie-mo (or however the hell you spell that...you get it!) and pick your colours." BUT being the moron that I am, I did them one at a time instead of picking them all at once (so I could see before I even started if I was actually going to have an original combo or not). So the first colour I picked was Cyber Metal-X...then I just kept picking colours one at a time until I came up with quite possibly the MOST generic eye colour combo ever. I am an idiot! Oh well, I've learned my lesson.

So here is my unfortunately random yet unoriginal combo...it looked so much brighter in real life, I'm sad because yesterday's pictures came out vibrant, why didn't these? It was equally sunny, I sat in the same place, and used the same camera settings. I guess my eyeshadow was just more shimmery today.

Also, I remembered the Macro setting today, but they still came out blurry. Now I have a feeling it's just my unsteady hand haha.

What I Used

Face
MAC StudioFix Foundation in C3
MAC MSF in New Vegas
MAC Powder Blush in Strada
MAC Powder Blush in Springsheen

Eyes
MAC Paint in Bare Canvas
MAC Metal-X Eyeshadow in Cyber
MAC Pigment in Silver Fog
MAC Eyeshadow in Big T
MAC Eyeshadow in Swish
MAC Eyeshadow in Pink Venus
MAC Eyeshadow in Carbon
MAC Eyeshadow in Orb (base colour)
MAC Eyeshadow in Crystal Avalanche
MAC Eyeshadow in Rummy (brows)
MAC FluidLine in Blitz & Glitz
MAC PlushLash Mascara

Lips
Estee Lauder Gloss in Pink Zinc

Thanks for lookin'! Hopefully I'll have a more original combo tomorrow, hehehe.

Brittni

How do you get such high eyebrows?!! Do you just draw them on all the way basically?
th_drool.gif
and lovely job as usual!

Amaranth

Awww, thank you ladies!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittni
How do you get such high eyebrows?!! Do you just draw them on all the way basically?
th_drool.gif
and lovely job as usual!

Hahaha thanks! But no, I was actually sitting in the passenger seat of my car the other day, trying to put on my mascara and I noticed that too. I was like "whoa...those are some Janice Dickinson eyebrows..." But my pictures are clickable, so if you check out one of the close-ups, you can see the part I draw on as well as the actual hairs. I only draw on the inner corner, and I just extend the line because for some reason my eyebrows naturally grew too short. That's pretty much the natural shape too, I just pluck the strays.

knoxydoll

Gorgeous as always. Also I'm totally loving this weather we're getting. Brings your spirits up. btw, I lurve Big T on you.

Sarahliz1981

how do you guys use so many eyeshadows on the eye? Isnt this complicated and expensive??
i LOVE this look!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amaranth

Thanks, ladies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahliz1981
how do you guys use so many eyeshadows on the eye? Isnt this complicated and expensive??
i LOVE this look!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahhahaha I used the think the EXACT same thing...but I've been collecting MAC for about 4 years now so it doesn't seem so expensive. I don't even want to think about how much I've spent there over the years...But with me I use a lot of colours to blend into other colours, also I try to put something in brackets if I used it in a place you wouldn't be able to find it (like Rummy for my brows...when you may have been looking for it in my eyeshadow). I just discovered the other day how much easier blending is if I apply a base shadow first (after my Paint), so that adds yet another colour to the list. And Metal-X being too creamy for my liking, I need to set it with Silver Fog. I think you'll just find that the more you accumulate colours, the more you'll use.

Shadowy Lady

OMG, i love the color combo and you blending is fantastic...

Btw, nice to see there are more Ottawa girls on here
winks.gif