A few questions about demo interviews :)

saturnine11

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]

[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica] so I have a demo interview for a MAC counter tomorrow afternoon. I'm so stoked and I think I have a pretty good idea of how things are going to work minus a few things maybe you guys could clear up for me.

I know I have to talk to my model and demo my makeup & selling skills all in one, so I need to tell her about the products as I'm using them, however...

1) do I need to tell her the names of the brushes I'm using (190, 239, etc) or should I just stick to maybe a little description of them each (this brush is good for emollient based products, this brush is good for defining the crease, etc), should I say what material the brush is made of, of keep it simpler than that?

2) I know I'll need to tell my model the names of products I'm using such as studio fix fluid foundation in ___ shade, but should I be more detailed like saying "I'm using NC20" or "Amber Lights e/s", should I give her a description of each colour I'm using, and describe the finish? ack.

3) I'll be using a brush to apply moisturizer/foundation, is it acceptable to use a sponge to blend out these products to make sure there's no harsh lines? this is what I do on myself.

4) if I'm using a moisturizer, say Strobe Cream, should I use Prep & Prime on top of the moisturizer for foundation, or should I just use one or the other?

5) Do you think it will be alright for me to do moisturizer, eyes/liner/mascara, then foundation/face things? as long as I explain to my model why I'm using that order (to help minimize fall out, make clean-up quicker/easier)

I think that's all. I know the basic premise of the demo, to show them what I can do makeup wise and also to show them I can sell their products, I'm just a bit nervous about how much detail I should be giving the model.

Please help, if possible! thanks!
[/FONT]

*Luna*

1) do I need to tell her the names of the brushes I'm using (190, 239, etc) or should I just stick to maybe a little description of them each (this brush is good for emollient based products, this brush is good for defining the crease, etc), should I say what material the brush is made of, of keep it simpler than that?

Tell your model the number and a short description... Keep it simple, not everyone you work on is going to know all about the products and tools you are using.

2) I know I'll need to tell my model the names of products I'm using such as studio fix fluid foundation in ___ shade, but should I be more detailed like saying "I'm using NC20" or "Amber Lights e/s", should I give her a description of each colour I'm using, and describe the finish? ack.

Same as above. Keep it simple but you want to make sure you say the shade and why you are using that particular foundation or shadow

3) I'll be using a brush to apply moisturizer/foundation, is it acceptable to use a sponge to blend out these products to make sure there's no harsh lines? this is what I do on myself.

Yes, I don't see why not.

4) if I'm using a moisturizer, say Strobe Cream, should I use Prep & Prime on top of the moisturizer for foundation, or should I just use one or the other?

Strobe Cream and then P&P

5) Do you think it will be alright for me to do moisturizer, eyes/liner/mascara, then foundation/face things? as long as I explain to my model why I'm using that order (to help minimize fall out, make clean-up quicker/easier)

This has been talked about before. I don't do make up in this order but plenty of other girls do and you should be fine.