A few questions please help!

jflo1882

I live in Fort Worth, and it seems like there are no MAC classses or seminars are offered here! Anybody know where I can go? I'm trying to get into freelancing. Im a stay at home mommy (28) and my husband keeps pushing to get started, but have no clue where to start. I've been doing makeup on friends and family for a while and a couple of weddings but nothing I got paid for. I have a kit, just need to add more foundations. Can I start off by assisting? Anyone need help?
graucho.gif
Sorry for all the questions but I cant seem to get this going! Any tips or advice or recommendations will be GREATLY!!!! appreciated! Thank you!!
th_dunno.gif
th_confused_new.gif

LC

you don't need a class to get you going.

register yourself on a few wedding networking sites (weddingwire.com, weddingbook.com, etc), and get goin!

just market yourself. make a little simple website to include a few portfolio pics, pricing, about you, etc.

also just look up established mua's in your area (that do it for a living, not a hobby), and contact them and ask them if you can assist

laceface

LC is right. You don't need to take any formal training.

Although I do not recommend that you start out doing weddings. If you don't have your craft perfected, putting yourself out there too soon can backfire. You will be marketing your name along with a bad reputation. You need to feel 100% confident about your skills before you rush into anything.

You should absolutely start assisting some other makeup artists. And do your research! Make sure theses makeup artists are reputable! Model Mayhem is a great tool to meet other makeup artists! Remember, most assistant positions are non-paid.

Latest posts