A Few Studio Fix Fluid Q's

Smiley Face

Hi everyone, I noticed a lot of you use the Studio Fix Fluid so I was hoping you could answer a few questions for me. Thanks
smiles.gif

1. How well does this photograph?

2. Has anyone noticed this foundation oxidising or turning darker throughout the day?

3. What method do you use to apply this?

4. What powder or product do you use to set it?

5. How long does this last on your skin? Can it withstand heat/humidity?

Simply Elegant

1. It can make you look lighter in photographs, at least I've noticed this in comparison with other foundations.

2. It has a tendency to turn a little bit darker but if you have the right shade it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

3. When I used it, I used a damp sponge. A lot of others like using the 187 to apply it though.

4. Just some translucent powder by NYC. Cheap, but works fine for me.

5. It definitely will last all day. When I used it in the summer, it would stay on until I washed it off at night and I don't use a primer.

ledonatella

1. Haven't seen myself in a pic. so i couldn't tell you yet!

2. Not for me, especially with Loose Blot Powder over it, it looks fresh all day, even someone yesterday commented that I always look freshly done and this was after being at work for 7 hours!

3. I use a MAC 109 face brush, it seriously buffs it into the skin and looks flawless, a fellow MA taught me that trick!

4. Loose Blot Powder

5. Seriously lasts all day and through heat/humidity. I'm in a hair salon and it gets hot because my makeup station is by the hair dryers, it still lasts. Not to say I don't ever sweat, but my makeup doesn't run.

++ A quick note on this foundation, because of it's staying power, make sure to use a good cleanser on your face to get it all off. I use MAC's cleansing oil, then use my regular cleanser, otherwise it doesn't come completely off. I find that people who are prone to breakouts (like me) need to use a makeup remover-cleanser so it doesn't clog pores.

User67

Hi everyone, I noticed a lot of you use the Studio Fix Fluid so I was hoping you could answer a few questions for me. Thanks

1. How well does this photograph? For me it photographs very well, I haven't had a problem with it making my face look lighter than the rest of my body or anything like that.

2. Has anyone noticed this foundation oxidising or turning darker throughout the day? I haven't.

3. What method do you use to apply this? I use the MAC 109 foundation brush.

4. What powder or product do you use to set it? I use the MAC Select Sheer pressed powder & I end up with a flawless finish.

5. How long does this last on your skin? Can it withstand heat/humidity? I live in FL & it lasts pretty much all day on me. I also work in a restaraunt where it can get pretty hot & sweaty & my make-up still looks great at the end of my shift.

m4dswine

1. How well does this photograph? I have had a couple of photos taken recently that look amazing... I look flawless (when i know in reality I don't).

2. Has anyone noticed this foundation oxidising or turning darker throughout the day?
I haven't noticed that, but I have a wonderful colour match.

I use the 187 brush, just pump some onto the back of my hand (1 squirt to start with) and dab the brush in it and work it into my face, which has been primed with Prep + Prime Face. I make sure I do all the 'sections' of my face once, then go over them again with light layers until I get the coverage I desire.

I use Select Sheer Loose Powder to set it, applied with Sephora's no.1 Professional Powder Brush.

I find that as long as I prime it, it lasts all day and all night if I want it to. I haven't had it in the summer yet to test it in heat, but its still pretty warm here in the UK, and I've just been to Prague, where every bar and restaurant is heated to about 25C and it was fine.

Kiseki

1. It photographs fine and doesn't show any color shift.

2. I've applied on customers that go to special events for hours and they never complained about it oxidizing.

3. Sponge, slightly damp if I want a sheerer finish.

4. Blot powder loose.

5. It stays for at least a good 7/8 hours, it doesn't mean you won't sweat, do bring a pressed powder compact for the eventual touch-up.

vivaXglamlove

It does well for me, it doesn't look cakey or dry

Nope, It matches me perfectly

I use the 190 or a damp sponge

Pressed blot powder or Pysicians formula Mineral Wear

It lasts about 8-10 hours on me, it even lasts threw gym class
I didn't wear it much in the summer but when i did, it lasted about 6 hours in the heat

giz2000

Depending on the flash being used, it can make you look lighter than you really are...especially professional photographer's flashes.

I have seen people with oily skin have it turn on them. It doesn't turn on me.

A blush brush (I get more control this way) lightly misted with Fix +

A very light coat of Blot powder

5 How long does this last on your skin? Can it withstand heat/humidity?
When I have worn it, it usually lasts most of the day...