A foundation for very light + very dry skin?

SuzyLily

Hi
smiles.gif
Hope someone can help! I cannot seem to find a foundation that is pale and moisturizing enough.

In MAC colours I'm closest to NC15, but really I'm more like an NC10. I also tried NARS Sheer Glow and the colour Siberia was perfect, but it just wasn't moisturizing enough at all.

The reformulated Chanel Vitalumière Moisture Rich Radiance foundation seems amazing, but the lightest colour (Diaphane) isn't available in my country, so that was a bit of a disappointment
ssad.gif

Does anyone know of a good foundation I could try? Thanks!
smiles.gif

MzzRach

I know Illamasqua makes foundation in very light shades - do you have access to that line?

SuzyLily

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
I know Illamasqua makes foundation in very light shades - do you have access to that line?

Thanks for the suggestion
smiles.gif
I can buy it online, but the colour swatches seem so tricky, so I'm not sure which colour I should choose
th_dunno.gif

Mabelle

hmm... try out Makeup forever's face and body. But honestly, you shouldnt really be looking to foundation to moiturize your skin. Spend the money and get yourself a really good moisturizer!

Curly1908

Try exfoliating your skin and using a rich facial moisturizer like Philosophy's Hope In A Jar to address the dry skin.

MUFE makes foundations in both lighter and darker than MAC's range so maybe you should try MUFE's HD foundation.

SuzyLily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
hmm... try out Makeup forever's face and body. But honestly, you shouldnt really be looking to foundation to moiturize your skin. Spend the money and get yourself a really good moisturizer!

I have a great moisturizer (Laneige Hydro Solution Cream). But unfortunately I have eczema skin, so no matter how much I moisturize, my skin will always be dry unless I magically manage to fix what's wrong with my skin from the inside out.

So I should have phrased my initial question better I guess
smiles.gif

I'm not looking for a foundation to moisturize my skin, but a foundation that won't settle too much in all the dry lines on my face and won't dry my skin out further. It doesn't have to be perfect, as long as it doesn't make me look like I'm shedding my skin by emphasizing every flake
lol.gif

Mabelle

ohhh i understand! Sorry about that.
MUFE HD is pretty good for that. I think Face and Body might be too. I would invest in a good primer too. If you have access to sampling i would try out a few diffrent primers; smashbox photofinish, laura mercier's hydrating primer, korres etc. You can also get something like mac;s Fix + and spray yourself if you find your getting "flaky looking". it tends to help.
the primer will help it to keep from settling into lines. I don't know how much of your face your eczema covers, but a good scrub might help too, depending on how sensitive your skin is.

Also, again, if you can sample, i would suggest trying 2 products; decelor's auromessence night baume, and ole henriksen's pure perfection. Both are night creams. O.H is available at sephora. Decelor used to be. I have some eczema on my cheekbones, and while it is mild, i understand that its a total pain. The decelor is designed to calm down irritated skin, and it is a total wonder. It hydrates so nicely and helped with my fair ups and any redness i had from other irritations. The O.H does pretty much the same thing, even though its mostly designed for anti aging purposes... its SOOOOO creamy and hydrating. Again, im no derm., but i know whats helped me... if you can try it, give it a shot!

Junkie

I found Avene Trixera moisturizer to be a complete godsend when I was on Accutane (made my skin a flakey snake-skin shedding mess)! I didn't use half the bottle during my 2 months on the treatment and ended up giving the rest to my cousin who has extreme eczema and she swears by it now.

And I second Illamasqua! Try to get samples of it - maybe RF 125 & RF 100 if thats still too dark to mix?

banana1234

lancome photo luminescance (is that how you spell it?) works for me and i get shade no.1 but there is one even lighter than that i think

Latest posts