A lipstick's life..

me_jelly

I was re-organizing my makeup collection today and became curious about the life-span of a full tube of lipstick - by life-span I mean the approximate number of times you can apply a lipstick until it's all used up. Anyone know?

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_jelly
I was re-organizing my makeup collection today and became curious about the life-span of a full tube of lipstick - by life-span I mean the approximate number of times you can apply a lipstick until it's all used up. Anyone know?

I don't think it's really possible to say, it all depends on the lipstick, the quantity, the texture....

me_jelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I don't think it's really possible to say, it all depends on the lipstick, the quantity, the texture....

Yes, I kind of was thinking the same thing when typing up the question, but I was just wondering generally - like if you were to use a lipstick religiously everyday (let's say at least 2-3 applications a day), how long a tube would last.

JGmac

That's kinda like asking, "how many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?"

The world may never know.
tong.gif

astronaut

This is like how many licks does it take to get the center of a tootsie pop question haha. We'll just never know...

[edit] ^ ahhh you posted right before me!

Beauty Mark

Depends on so many factors. How full your lips are, how thick of a coat you like, etc.

I have substantially full lips. I was obsessed with this one lipstick and wore it fairly religiously; not daily but many times during the week. It lasted with normal daily (few touch ups during the day) use for a little under half a year.