A little eye help please.. :)

xxCoNNie

I've always wanted to do smokey eyes, but my eye curving is different. I'm mixed with asian/caucasion and my eye's are neither deep set, or asian. It's a mix of in between. I will try and post a picture. I tried doing smokey eyes, but everyone told me it didn't match me because of my eye shape. I can't find any help with this. :confused: The only colours people say would actually look descent on me is pink/purple because I have light brown eyes which are sometimes hazel. And when I wear eyeliner, I look almost gothic.

I'm totally confused, and jealous I don't have either or eyes. I have in between which hardly anyone has. It's not fair LOL
cry.gif

Does anyone know any tips on making my eyes look more noticable, something that won't make me look gothic/weird. My skin tone is not pale, but a bit 'yellower' then pale. I can't wait till the winter when I do become very pale Lol.

This is probably weird and I can understand if no one understands anything I wrote, since I'm having trouble explaining LOL
icon_eek.gif

pumpkincat210

You have lovely eyes! A smokey look would be fine on you~ smokey eyes is just artful blending and can be done with any number of colors. Try greys and browns instead of black black and maybe some light pinky lipgloss to make you look less-goth. Hope this helps!

Kristen

I have the same eye shape as you, it isn't terribly uncommon. Just an Asian eye with an epicanthic fold.

Overall.. keep it light. Look for grey instead of black. I like to use a charcoal grey (Lancome's constellation) and blend the crap out of it all over my eye.

Apply a normal wash around your 'crease'. Going up, apply it progressively lighter and smudge smudge smudge. It should fade completely within a centimeter of your brow. When I get to my lid, reapply the shadow so it can go no darker. Then, I like to use a sparkly black powder liner (MUFE's.. Star Powder.. no idea what the name/number is) to line my upper lid. Smudge it slightly into the grey shadow.

I think the problem with doing a smokey eye on Asian eyes with the double fold is that it looks waaay too dark, and it pushes the eye back too far making them look really small. Make sure to highlight your eye at the brow and in the tear duct. If you apply a little smudge of silver on the center of the lid and blend it, the look will definately be softened. I try to be minimal on the lower eyeliner since this makes the eyes smaller. I usually just use a charcoal grey liner and darken my lower lashes on the outer 1/3 so they just look thicker.

I'll try to post a pic in a bit.

Padmita

I think your eye shape is extremely pretty! I would do a smokey eye on you with silvered taupe or cool dark brown, and just apply the dark colour up to your crease (maybe a bit further up, but just a tiny bit!). Then highlight up to the browbone with a lighter colour. Apply the smokey colour in a cat eye shape (without overdoing that), use liquid black liner and smudge it with an eye pencil. Don't forget to line your inner lids too. HTH!