A MA said a new set or collection of brushes should be r.o

Wattage

Quote:
Originally Posted by robyn
coming out during april? Anyone heard of these?

Hmmm, I haven't heard anything but that would be exciting! Hopefully someone will know. If not, you can always call MAC on Robson and see if they have any info.

Thanks for the tip!

smiles.gif

Shawna

I was just told recently that there would be no more brush sets so I wonder if this is true?

beautenoir

I thought there was brushes coming out with turquatic in summer with teal handles like the pink Diana Ross ones...hmmm...I can't remember where I read that so don't quote me.

midnightlouise

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautenoir
I thought there was brushes coming out with turquatic in summer with teal handles like the pink Diana Ross ones...hmmm...I can't remember where I read that so don't quote me.

heh, I know you said don't quote you
greengrin.gif
but maaaaan...that would be so sweet if it's true!!!!

Isis

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautenoir

I hope so! Because I could really use a set to leave at work.. or use at work really. I'm sure it would "walk" off if I just left it there.

serendipityii

Because they are such crappy quality compared to buying each brush individually. I bought the teal brush set from Holiday '05 and GOD, all of them aren't anywhere near as good as the originals! The 266 is really hard and stiff-bristled (good for brows though), the 129 is pokey and scratches my face, the lip brush (forgot number) broke before I even used it... I only like the 239, I'm so glad they didn't mess that one up!
Brush sets aren't worth it!

allan_willb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Kitten
why not?

people say that with the le/se brushes that half the hair is missing but i can kinda tell that its not always 100% full like the regular brushes.less hair is not that big of an issue for me but personally for me i work way better with long handled brushes.another thing is if you get a brush clutch or a pro brush belt then your brushes will sink inside because they are too short.get it?

lara

I've heard the Turquatic brush rumour as well, but I'll beleive it when I see it.

allan_willb

BUT!!!!!Brush sets are good for those who can't afford to buy all of the original brushes.You know maybe to just start you off.It can be pretty steap when buying authentic mac brushes all individually.Plus it's addicting too I started off with one then lead to 32!And I'm still going!

lilu

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipityii
Because they are such crappy quality compared to buying each brush individually. I bought the teal brush set from Holiday '05 and GOD, all of them aren't anywhere near as good as the originals! The 266 is really hard and stiff-bristled (good for brows though), the 129 is pokey and scratches my face, the lip brush (forgot number) broke before I even used it... I only like the 239, I'm so glad they didn't mess that one up!

I've bought 2 brush sets (Holiday 2004 and Tailormade) and those were pretty decent. The Holiday 2005 brush sets were the worst ever, so I read on MUA.

panties

i remember risa mentioning a sak's exclusive brush set, but i don't know when it's coming out. i have a brush set from a long time ago and they are actually quite good =) i tested a recent brush set and it sucks.

Starbright211

I have several sets of se brushes, none of them has ever been crappy. (Except for 1 of my pink ones, The paint cracked, I left it over night, several times, in brush cleaner, oops, but the brush part is still perfect). I love my short handles, it allows me to be closer to my face. I don't find hair missing or anything like that. I would much rather buy the set, and have more money to spend on actual make-up. I hope they are coming out with another set.

Sparklevixen81

I bumped this up because of what I found out last monday. At nordy's the MAC MA told me that new brush sets were coming out in june and she put me on the list for them. What they are going to look like, exact date, etc I have no idea, but just thought I'd let everyone know

cakes

If the Nordstrom's set is the same as the Saks set, it's going to have the same brushes as the OLIVE holiday set & the Tailormade PINSTRIPE set (the one w/the 190 foundation brush and mostly face brushes).

Trax

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipityii

Yeah I agree with you about the quality, my 239SE is a lot stiffer and it's rough compared to my full size 239.