A Manicure Virgin

staceb1990

Hey all! I just want what I figure to be the basics of a manicure; cuticle pushing, nail shaping, and polishing. But I'm kind of confused about a couple of things.

These are the prices listed on the website:

Classic Manicure $25
(with paraffin add $10)
Polish Change $12
Express Manicure $18

First of all, does this seem to be fair pricing? Second, what does paraffin do and would you recommend it? Third, I assumed that nail painting would be included in the price, so do you think the $12 polish fee is only if your nails are already painted and they have to remove it?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, it's just that I'm totally clueless to nail speak. Thanks in advance for your help ladies!

vintageroses

hey hun! can't tell you if its reasonable pricing because i live in Australia & it's way more expensive than that for me! HAHA I think paraffin is to help blood flow? not too sure, never done it before! Colour change is for people who want to basically change their nail colours, so yes they go to the shop to get their polish remove & repainted! HAHA

As for what you want, i think you should go for the classic, it has like cuticle pushing back, small massage, shaping, filing, painting. yupp! for express it's only shaping & painting!
HTH

xsnowwhite

hey, those seem like reasonable prices. My salon charges 22$ for a manicure. Parafin is a wax that they put your hands in and it hardens around your hands, and then it peels off and it softens your hands. Its very cool but idk if I would pay ten extra dollars for it. A polish change is simply taking off the polish you have on and repainting your nails, no cuticle pushing, filing, etc.

Sabrunka

That is very decent pricing lol, at the spa I worked at, a regular manicure was 30 dollars :p Paraffin helps with dry hands and cuticles, helps with circulation and is good for arthritis and in general makes your hands feel nice! A polish change is just what it states, a polish change. Of course they will remove your polish if you have some on! At my spa I would also do a slight filing to make sure the nails were at least smooth. For the express, it's probably just trimming, shaping, light or no cuticle work, lotion application or none... And the polish.

BEA2LS

that sounds about right for pricing.. go for the full manicure, skip the paraffin.. it's cool but thats alot of money