A Q About Applying At Nordstrom

MACMuse

Hey ladies, I just came back from college this week and I desperately need a job. So, I filled out an app on Nordstrom's website and for the hell of it put that my preference would be in cosmestics (which means MAC). They called me back and I have an interview on Saturday but my question is at what point is it appropriate to express my interest in working for MAC? I thought there would be a place on the app to specify that but there wasn't. So ladies who have applied at or work at Nordstrom when should that discussion come up because I don't wanna get stuck at a brand where I have no product knowledge like at shiseido or some shit lol. thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

d_flawless

i have applied @ nordie's as well (btw, they take FOREVER to call you back, it took them like a month) and when the woman called me to talk about my "interest" i told her i was considering MAC and all she told me was that she didn't have a part-time position available...it sucks, but you really do almost have to wait for them to call you unless you know the name/number of the head of the cosmetics dept, since you have no other way of contacting them...

Bowker2

that is SO crazy that you just posted this! I literally just got done filling out that application myself! Im in the same place- im not sure when to say i want to work for MAC or NARS, wow that wasnt much help was it!
hehe

angela

i applied online for nordies too back in 2004 and they called me back w/in two weeks for an interview. The cosmetics manager asked me upfront which counter I was interested in, and of course I said MAC. They ask you which counter ur interested in during your first interview, but if for some reason they don't- let them know right away that MAC is your number 1 choice.

TrusyMyEyes

I just applied at nordstroms. Do you really need alot of product knowledge to work at a certain counter? Because in reality I only know about MAC really...but I don't want to work there, I want to work somewhere like Nars.

What should I do?

Designergirl9

When I went thru the interview process..this was like ages ago 01
everyone who was a potential employee went to the same group thing and then they had people there who were from the different departments who were available to hire you. They let you know what was available when you went in. That was a while ago though so what I am saying may not even be how they do it anymore.