A REAL annoyance...

Tyester

getting a mesquito bite right on your ankle, and having it itch CONSTANTLY.

I've had some itchy bites before, but jesus... I'm about to rub the skin off from scratching.

Is there any such home remedy cure?(cause im too lazy to go to the store)

Shawna

If you have any allergy medicine you could try taking that. Or if you want, try breaking up a pill and mixing it with a bit of water to make a paste and put a tiny bit of the mixture on the bite.

Shimmer

put vinegar on it.

or

take a sharp edge (fingernail is awesome) and make an X thru the center of it.

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
take a sharp edge (fingernail is awesome) and make an X thru the center of it.

So it takes longer to heal? And maybe leaves a scar?

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae

*blink* are you serious?
No, it doesn'tleave a scar, you're not puncturing skin. In order to leave a scar skin must be torn/punctured or otherwise damaged.
It doesn't take any longer to heal, either. It simply puts pressure there and stops the itching.

It's not an uncommon suggestion.

Shimmer

There's also, available at Target, WalMart, etc., a product called "after-bite" that is simply amazing.

~LadyLocks~

OMG....yes, this happened to me a few weeks ago. My friend has a house off a lake and while going down to the dock to visit my b/f that was fishing, I got attacked like 3 times. One by my knee, on my ankle, and another by my ankle...UGH! I was only down there for a few minutes and when I came back upstairs I was already itching. ANNOYING....I hate mosquito's!!!
th_remoteImage-61.gif

Anyway, what I used to soothe the itching was Cortisone cream that I got at Walgreens. It worked wonders let me tell you!!

mzcelaneous

Vinegar and applying pressure usually works. I get bad allergic reactions to mosquito bites. Sometimes they blow up to a size of a golf ball or larger. When I don't have my medication near by, vinegar & pressure works.

Tyester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae

Actually it would be cool if it did... cause then I'd have (e)x's all over me!
lmao.gif

Wow bad joke...

litlaur

Any bite is annoying, but the worst I've had were on the face and on the butt (sitting on it irritates it and causes more itching). Ankle bites don't compare to how irritating those are.

This past weekend I got an ant bite on my eyelid while I was sleeping. And 7 more down my left arm that were severely swollen, throbbing with pain and making me lightheaded.

Ice packs work best for me. If it's really bad (like yesterday) I might take some Benadryl. There's all sorts of topical treatments you could use like calamine lotion, hydrocortisone cream, Afterbite (active ingredient is ammonia and it does smell).

xmrsvindieselx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyester
Actually it would be cool if it did... cause then I'd have (e)x's all over me!
lmao.gif

Wow bad joke...

hahaha. that actually made me LOL.
lmao.gif

but I do the x thing if i have no vinegar to use..you dont puncture the skin at all! lol