"a shade close to your lid color"

l1onqueen

Hey Ladies and Gents,

I am a youtube fanatic and love watching makeup tuts. Alot of the tuts that interest reference "an E/S that is close to your lid color." I dont have one and have not come across any MAC shade yet that I feel works. Im an NC45 and I find all shadows close to my eyelid are to dull or too shimmery. Any suggestions? I have to add that the only neutral E/S I own is all that glitters.
HELP!

BinkysBaby

Embark and Down Brown.
smiles.gif

ShauntyXD

Im NC 44/45 and Patina e/s IS my lid colour. It's a Frost (but not that sparkly) so keep that in mind; I don't know if you're looking for more of a matte colour.

aziajs

Eyeshadow: Texture, Tete-A-Tint
Paint: Bamboom
Paint Pot: Groundwork
Cream Colour Base: Hush

l1onqueen

Wow! U guys are so smart! I have groundwork p/p and I guess that is as close as its going to get in a paint pot. My MA keeps suggesting woodwinked but in the pan its not that impressive to me, maybe I will give it a try now. I guess it would be good to have a matte shade also. Thanks y'all! Reading all of the responses made me realize that I don't own nearly enough neutral eye shadows.

NewlyMACd

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1onqueen
Wow! U guys are so smart! I have groundwork p/p and I guess that is as close as its going to get in a paint pot. My MA keeps suggesting woodwinked but in the pan its not that impressive to me, maybe I will give it a try now. I guess it would be good to have a matte shade also. Thanks y'all! Reading all of the responses made me realize that I don't own nearly enough neutral eye shadows.

That's what I have also. It's very very close to my eye color but I don't know what e/s would be equivalent to that. At least I don't have it.

MAC_Pixie04

I prefer a color just a bit lighter than my lid color for a brightening effect; I find that if the color is exact to my actual lid color, it makes my eyes look discolored once I start to blend in other shades.

I really like using Tete-a-Tint and Rule; a lot of people question why I use Rule, and the reason is a genius one I learned at MUFE training: the salmon/orange tones brighten the eye area without looking orange. Once I blend in other colors, it still looks very neutral.