A silly Q, I'm sure, but how do you get postcards?

Stormy

How do you get the MAC postcards anyways? Sorry for the silly Q, but I'd love to start collecting them and don't know where to start.

juicyaddict

i just got my first postcard, moonbathe. and i remember i got entered into their system when i bought stuff from my newly opened f/s store. i think that is how it came about. not sure if you can do that online though.

Twinkle_Twinkle

I have gotten [only] a couple of mailers, and I have been in the system for years. I have also had one given to me randomly at a counter, but I think in order to get them for each collection you have to go to your MAC location on the release date and ask for them. Maybe someone else will verify that. Good luck to you.

kileencheng

I know I also got a postcard included in my package when I placed an order online. I've only ordered online once though, so I'm not sure that they're always included in online orders.

Chic 2k6

I ask at the counter and they usually save me coupla cards from new collections
smiles.gif

lemurian

I've gotten them at counters, in the mail (usually the larger, more elaborate mailers but sometimes just the regular postcards) and in my orders from maccosmetics.com. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to why I get them in the mail (totally random, sometimes I go months without anything) or in my orders (also totally random). I know that I've signed up to receive mailers at a 'local' MAC counter, so that's probably worth trying
winks.gif

courters

I've been in the system at my freestanding store and I've only gotten one mailer - the Barbie one. So maybe they just choose randomly from everyone in their system for each mailing?

a914butterfly

it seem like lately there isnt any postcards. the last mailer i got was barbie and strange hybrid. but the last few times i ordered online from mac there wasnt any postcard and my mac counter in my local mact's never seems to have any anymore.

MisStarrlight

We never get postcards at my counter (the circle look book for Barbie was the only one I've ever seen in the 1.5yrs that I've worked there)...

Sometimes they have them at the freestanding stores, but I seem to get most of them in the mail. For some reason I think it all has to do with how much $ you spend at a particular location, but I could be imagining that.

They also are included in online orders when available (but I've never ordered online so I wouldn't know about this).

Honestly I don't see a use for the cards, personally (i have too much clutter as it is). I hold onto the really cool ones or the ones w/ looks in them, but end up giving away the others.

contrabassoon

The ones that I got were from the store (Amuse, Untamed) and I got one in my mail once (Moonbathe, Slmshine, Sunstrip) so I'm guessing it's totally random.

c00ki312

at my stores, they jus display them on the counter so you can pick one up or they put some in your bag with your purchase.