A Stila mystery

sweetmelissa

So I spotted these really adorable Stila Barbie look book palettes in the pics on MUA but I've never seen them before. I messaged the owner of the pics but haven't heard back yet so I thought I would ask here if anyone ever saw anything like them anywhere because I am dying to find these! I hesitate to post up the pics though because they are not mine and I don't have permission to use them. I can tell you that one was pink and one was blue and they had Barbie silhouettes on the cover....so cute! Anyone know anything about these?

Boasorte

well Stila does have a Barbie collection, u can just post a link to the pics, and credit the owner, because I dont know ur description is a little ehhh

mrslovejoy

Are they the 4 palette trios with barbie on the front?

They're available on stila's website for sale now. they're $28.

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslovejoy
Are they the 4 palette trios with barbie on the front?

They're available on stila's website for sale now. they're $28.

whoa whoa whoa, when did those come out? I need that palette in my life!

gigglegirl

lol that JUST came out w/ the new barbie smudge pots (you can order it all off stilacosmetics.com)

it just cheeses me off that i'm in canada so they cant ship or even bill Canadian addresses (i was gonna use a pkg forwarding service)

sweetmelissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
http://www.specktra.net/forum/f248/barbie-stila-81330/
last post says they found it was a limited release from 05?

its friggin hard, i'm having issues searching for more info about it, hope others can help.

I guess that's possible but that thread only talks about a couple lipglazes anyway. I wonder if the palettes were released then too. It seems so odd that almsot no one knows about this, how limited could the release have been? I had heard that there was a small Stila Barbie release in Asia prior to the MAC Barbie release in the US but those palettes don't look Asian to me. Only because my Asian exclusive items are usually at least partly not in English and those palettes seem to be all in English from what I can see in the photos. Besides, I was gaga for Stila in 2005 iirc and I didn't think I missed anything that they released in the US back then. I could tell you every collection and special release from that year....from Pussycat Dolls early in the year to the Gift of Glam holiday collection. I know my Stila, lol! Which is why I was so shocked to see those palettes that I had never seen before. Ah well...I can only hope that someday I will be able to lay my hands on some because they are too cute!

mrslovejoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmelissa
I guess that's possible but that thread only talks about a couple lipglazes anyway. I wonder if the palettes were released then too. It seems so odd that almsot no one knows about this, how limited could the release have been? I had heard that there was a small Stila Barbie release in Asia prior to the MAC Barbie release in the US but those palettes don't look Asian to me. Only because my Asian exclusive items are usually at least partly not in English and those palettes seem to be all in English from what I can see in the photos. Besides, I was gaga for Stila in 2005 iirc and I didn't think I missed anything that they released in the US back then. I could tell you every collection and special release from that year....from Pussycat Dolls early in the year to the Gift of Glam holiday collection. I know my Stila, lol! Which is why I was so shocked to see those palettes that I had never seen before. Ah well...I can only hope that someday I will be able to lay my hands on some because they are too cute!

You might have to pm that user and ask her. I've never seen that palette before either.

Latest posts