• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

** a sunday well spent... haha :p **

alaylam

There's some fierce competition here!I was debating just adding thist tut to the regular section but thought hey what the heck...

Those who have seen my other tut or fotds know I like my makeup classy and simple. This one is no different! Just a smokey eye with neutral lips, and really not much on the face this time. As per usual, no MAC makeup, but I've tried to include close shots of the colours I used so you can match the colours to those already in your collections. Mmmmmk? Here we go! Hope you enjoy!
__________________________________________________ _________
The Look:
face2.jpg

The Products:
woo1.jpg
woo2.jpg

More detail of products and colours used are in the steps that follow. All of my products are drugstore variety, including the giant eyeshadow/pigment pallet.
The Steps:

1) FACE
I won't give too much detail on face prep as most people are set in their ways on how they apply their foundation/concealer/etc. and chances are they know what works best for them anyway. For me, I begin by mixing Revlon Skinlights in 01 Natural Light with a moisturizer - Olay Sensitive Moisture Therapy Cream. I apply it all over the entire face.

shadow6.jpg
makeup.jpg

I may or may not put on foundation afterwards. Like I said, prep your face however you like to. This time I skipped the foundation and went right to concealer. I used Covergirl Fresh Complexion in Classic Ivory. Cover any dark circles or discolouration under the eyes, creases of the nose, and any blemishes. As you can see, I really go crazy with my concealer!
lol.gif
Make sure to blend very well, I just used my fingertips.

concealer.jpg
faceconceal.jpg
facestart-1.jpg

I'll put on some bronzer and blush too... but not yet. I usually have to touch up my face after doing my eyes, so we'll just wait and finish the rest later.
1) EYES
Ok eyes! Start by sweeping a shimmery peach across the entire lid. I actually used one of the colours from my blush compact, Covergirl Instant Cheekbones in Peach Parfait.
eye1.jpg
firsteye.jpg

Next, put a medium to dark brown across the lid.
eye2.jpg
shadow2.jpg

And thennn... use a blue or purple (depends how you see it!) in the crease and just lightly over the lid. If you have deep set eyes like me, I extend the darker colour a little bit higher than the crease so it doesn't get completely lost when I open my eyes...
eye3.jpg
shadow3.jpg

I have combined two different shadows in the next step. The lighter colour is used as a highlight on the browbone and the darker burgundy is used on the lid. I started applying the burgundy near the lashes and blended it up towards the crease.
eye4.jpg
shadow7.jpg
shadow8.jpg

I then used a dark navy/green as liner on the top and bottom lashes.
eye5.jpg
shadow1.jpg

Blend it!
eye6.jpg

Lastly, apply a shimmery light purple to the inner corners of the eye and blend outwards across the lid. I used Revlon Illuminance cream shadow in Wild Orchids.
eye7.jpg
shadow9-1.jpg

Oh wait.. one more step! haha... curl the eyelashes and apply mascara. I use Covergirl fantastic lash.
mascara.jpg
eye9-1.jpg

__________________________________________________ __________
3) Back to the FACE
Ok, now that I've finished my eyes I can go back and put on my bronzer and blush. I didn't do anything fancy with it, just used my big powder brush (left) for the bronzer and the blush brush (second from the left) for the blush. Again, I only used the lighter shade from the blush compact (didn't want to bother trying to blend the three together). I applied both the bronzer and the blush to the apples of my cheeks and blended up the cheekbones, and then swept just a little bit over my forehead and chin. I used L'oreal Glam Bronze bronzing powder in Enchanting Sunrise.
brushes.jpg
bronzer.jpg
firsteye.jpg

4) LIPS
Nothing fancy here either, just some clear gloss. That's it!
5) THE FINISHED PRODUCT

face4.jpg
face3.jpg

The end!
cheerleader.gif

knoxydoll

hahaha i love that blush compact from CG, and i use it on my eyes all the time haha. the lightest colour is great for just a little something.

also great tut, the look is very nice.

cyens

I love it, speacially that your using only drug store products. The result is fabulous!!!!

Your hair is very pretty.

daisydeadpetals

Love it!! Simple, yet stunning! Your eye color is so pretty
smiles.gif
And it's nice seeing a tutorial for those of us with deep set eyes!

alaylam

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisydeadpetals
Love it!! Simple, yet stunning! Your eye color is so pretty
smiles.gif
And it's nice seeing a tutorial for those of us with deep set eyes!

Sigh. I know! It's so sad to spend so much time perfecting the eyeshadow only to have it lost somewhere in the back of my head when I open my eyes. I envy the girls on here that can really show off their shadows properly.
weeping.gif

daisydeadpetals

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaylam
Sigh. I know! It's so sad to spend so much time perfecting the eyeshadow only to have it lost somewhere in the back of my head when I open my eyes. I envy the girls on here that can really show off their shadows properly.
weeping.gif

I know!! It's quite frustrating
weeping.gif

srl5045

You are stunning. I can't believe how out of this world and unique your bone structure is. Im jealous! Great job.