A technique for Operation Use-it-up - I call it Operation Bag-it LOL

lmcmullen

Just wanted to pass along a method I've developed to help me focus on using up some of my stash, as well as save me time in the AM.

I work full time and am nearly always in a rush in the morning. Fishing around through my giant pile of makeup was really getting to be a pain, and I often ended up starting to use something I didn't want to because I couldn't find the item I was looking for.

So what I did was collected the stuff I use or want to use the most often and bagged it up into spare makeup bags as follows:

1) "Home bag" : foundation, moisturizer, eye cream, heavy duty concealer, eyeshadow primer

2) common "go bag": powder, black mascara, touch up concealer, and brushes

3) colored "go bags":

Red face bag: red lipstick, red lipgloss, red blush, 2x neutral eyeshadows, dark gray eyeliner

Green face bag: peach lipstick, peach lipgloss, peach blush, green eyeshadow palette (Photorealism), dark green eyeliner

Pink face bag: pink lipstick, pink lipgloss, pink blush, 3x purple eyeshadows, dark purple eyeliner

Plum face bag: plum lipstick, plum blush, plum lipgloss, warm eyeshadow 4x palette, maroon eyeliner (currently UD Rockstar)

Each AM I grab 3 bags - the home bag, the common go bag, and one of the colored face bags depending on what I'm wearing. I put on as much as I can before I leave the house, stopping when I run out of time.

I always put the home bag contents on at home, and leave the bag there.
I bring the common go-bag and the colored face bag of the day with me and finish up in the car or at work if I don't finish at home. Having them with me gives me the chance to do touch ups during the day.

Since I've been doing this I am making much better progress at using things up as well as saving a lot of time in the AM. I'm nearly through a concealer, a lipstick, and a powder compact after just 2 weeks of this.
Am thinking of adding a blue bag to the colored bag list, too.

I hope this helps someone....:)

lmcmullen

Its a bit of work up front to sort out and pack the little bags, but once done its a lot less work each AM.

Once a week I have to re-do the bags, as stuff falls out in my purse, or I grab something from one to bring with another etc.

I'm really not very organized LOL.

breatheonbeat

great idea! maybe i'll give it a try since i have 23094803928 victorias secret GWP makeup bags
pretty.gif

AngloFile

That sounds great, but -- and I know they're inanimate -- I feel bad leaving a favourite out of my every day takeaway bag. Or putting something in that bag that I want to use at home. You're right though, must cut back on buying and focus on using... Right after I get the Touche E'Clat foundation.

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
Thanks for sharing!
thmbup.gif

I moved this to Cosmetic Discussion since it wasn't specifically related to MAC Chat.
peace2.gif