A tribute to the classics

bluegrassbabe

All this talk of Icons on the board was in my head when I did my face today. I love the classic look of the ultra-glam movie stars of yesterday, so I tried to look like one
winks.gif

IM000753.jpg

My lashes are looking a little haggard in these pics, after 7 hours of wear, but they started out nice...
IM000764.jpg

I used
Select cover up in Peach
Moistureblend foundation NC25
Studio Fix to set in NC 25
Porcelain Pink layered over a light touch of stereo rose

On the eyes
Frostlite as base
seedy pearl
cranberry
crimsonette
Buff-de_Buff
Black Eye Kohl
Ardell Demi Wispies lashes
brow powder in Brunette

lips
courtly with nudette

bluegrassbabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpohrer
I love your eyes! Could you share where you put the four shadows? You look beautiful!

Thank you!
I started with frostlite all over with the 252 brush, then topped the whole thing with seedy pearl. Seedy Pearl as a base really softens up the red in the cranberry With cranberry I applied it on the lid only with the 213 brush. I started on the outside corner and pulled the color in, so it gets lighter as it goes. I put Crimsonette in the crease with the 219 brush, heavy on the outside, thinner towards the inner corner. Then blended in Buff-de-Buff on the inner half of the lid only, from lashes to brows. It gave such a nice shimmer over the inner part of the eye. I can never get the full effect to come out in the pics, maybe time for a new camera.

ishtarchick

it is so beautiful, looks very glam and classy but still not over the top, i really liked it and thanks for the breakdown
smiles.gif

jess98765

you are beautiful!! i love how you placed the shawdows and the colours used! you look very glam!