A vent about my love, MAC...

COBI

On Saturday, March 23, I went to my closest (and favorite) f/s store in Burlington, MA (about 2 hours from home). The MAs are great; no complaints about this location. I bought about 25 items and spent about $250 or so (after discount).

Anyway, fast forward to Friday, I am now in CT (about 3 1/2 hours from my house) as my friend has dragged me with her to buy a car she found. "Oh big fun" until I found that there was a f/s store at the mall in Farmington, CT, about 3 miles from the dealership. So, my friend and I reach a deal: I go car-shopping, she goes to the mall so that I can hit MAC.

After driving through a late season blizzard, being stopped in traffic because of a tanker fire in MA, and finally making it to the dealership only to spend too many hours with the sales team screwing around, we finally make it to the mall.

The MAC Store there is the smallest I've ever seen; it's smaller than any of the MAC counters that I've seen; it is essentially a back wall and one display table. But it doesn't matter I have a list of things that I want and 3 items to exchange for different shades (which I never do.)

There were 4 MAs on the floor and the manager was in the backroom. I was the only customer in there with the exception of woman who was getting her makeup done.... so that leaves 3 MAs available to help me. Finally, I get one of them to help me. I start with stating that I have three items that I want to exchange and another 10 or so items that I need to get.

The girl leaves for what feels like forever; the music is too loud to think... I feel as though I've stumbled into an Abercrombie store, it's so loud... anyway, I have no idea where she's gone. She comes back and finally, we slowly get my stuff together to check out. She has trouble doing the exchange, so she calls someone else over. He can't figure it out either, so he gets the manager. The manager comes out from the back, doesn't make any eye contact with me, doesn't stay a word, and is, essentially, completely indifferent and perhaps even bothered.

I don't have a problem with the fact that the staff wasn't 100% sure how to key in an exchange from another store in another state purchased with a Pro card, but I now attribute the indifference of the staff to be a direct reflection of the manager. After the manager came out without making any eye contact or any customer service communication at all, I understand why the staff is not like the staff I am used to in Burlington.

Then I can't even hear what she says my total is because of the music. It's not until I get out that I look at my receipt to see what my damage is. It was only about $60 which really would have been a lot more if the music wasn't so loud and the staff was more helpful, friendly. Other than this incident, I can't remember the last time I've spent less than $100 (after discount) at MAC.

Anyway, the next day, I realize they kept my original receipt which I need for my taxes next year.

After my whole experience, I e-mailed customer service at MacPro to ask about getting a duplicate receipt (my logic tells me it must be available as it is tracked/entered under my pro id) as well as to express my complaints about the music and service (or lack thereof) at this particular location.

That message was sent on 3/31/08. I received no response (other than the automated one), so I sent a "I've received no response" message on 4/9/09 and I have still heard NOTHING.

How long does MAC usually take to respond? This is the first time I've needed to contact them with something requesting a response.

Thanks.

user46

Awww. I live in CT and i totally agree about the store size, and the people. The one down the hall in macy's is a bigger "store". Im not sure how long it takes for MAC to reply, but sorry about your experience!

beauty_marked

They say they respond in 24 hours could this be delaying a response"

PLEASE NOTE: Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or email client may be using filters to block email that may affect the receipt of email from M·A·C Cosmetics Online. To be sure that our response reaches you, please consult the help section of your email program or contact your ISP directly to see how to relax or remove the settings that filter or block email. This will ensure that correspondence from M·A·C Cosmetics Online will be accepted. If you have further questions, please contact us at 1-800-588-0070.

COBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauty_marked
They say they respond in 24 hours could this be delaying a response"

PLEASE NOTE: Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or email client may be using filters to block email that may affect the receipt of email from M·A·C Cosmetics Online. To be sure that our response reaches you, please consult the help section of your email program or contact your ISP directly to see how to relax or remove the settings that filter or block email. This will ensure that correspondence from M·A·C Cosmetics Online will be accepted. If you have further questions, please contact us at 1-800-588-0070.

Thanks. I get all other e-mails from macpro.com without issue, including orders and the auto-response from my comment submission.