Accutane related skincare.

SweetSweetIrony

I'll be going on Accutane soon. From what I've been told, the biggest side effect is extreme dryness/flakiness.

I've been thinking of getting a Clarisonic, but now I'm not sure with this new development. I'm not sure if it will be too abrasive/irritating once I'm on the medication. I was going to get the acne brush head, but would the sensitive skin brush make more sense now?

Or should I take that money and invest in some non-irritating cleansers and moisturizers. If so, what would be a good thick moisturizer that won't break me out? Should I look into a cleansing oil instead of a normal face wash?

Brightlights2

Hi!

I've been on accutane twice and I'm pretty sure the most extreme side effect is liver damage (hence the blood tests you have to every month). I don't want to freak you out (I've been on it twice with no problems except some dry skin)
pretty.gif

It is extremely drying, so much so that I had to get some moisturizing eye drops because my eyes started to get dry lol, so I would recommend going on gentle cleansers and wait to start the clairisonic till after your treatment is done =)

My derm told me to use clearasil cleansers ect. when I was on accutane and I found them very gentle and moisturing, but I think I may have still had some dry skin.

Hope that Helps!