Acrylic drawers for storage

gracie90

Hi everyone!
I was thinking of revamping my makeup storage over the next few weeks and was wondering if anyone has any experience (positive or negative!) of using clear acrylic drawers to store their makeup?
I've had a bit of a look online and I quite like the idea of getting 2 or 3 of these (http://www.ryman.co.uk/0927086020/Osco-3-Drawer-Papersorter-Acrylic-/Product) and stacking them :)
Any opinions? Having looked at the measurements it seems like I would be able to fit 3 by 4 MSFs per drawer for example!
Ooh, and if you have any handy tips that you've discovered about storing your makeup then plese let me know! I'll take pics of it when it's finished and put them up here :)
Thanks!!!

Mac-Guy

I think acrylic storage is great, but only if you (1) keep them neat and organized and (2) don't mind cleaning them (which can be a pain in the behind). For example, I recommend that you wipe off any excess powder (one the outside of the compact) before you put it back into storage. It will still get dusty, but if you use an acrylic cleaner and paper towels to clean the drawers every week or so, they are very very pretty.

gracie90

It sounds great! At the moment my makeup is lurking in the drawer of my dressing table and just looks a bit sad :(

NinaHouston

i like the visibility factor when using acrylic storage, but they are pretty fragile. its impt to set them on a stable surface. :) i learned that lesson the hard way.

gracie90

Quote: Originally Posted by NinaHouston
i like the visibility factor when using acrylic storage, but they are pretty fragile. its impt to set them on a stable surface. :) i learned that lesson the hard way.

It does make stuff look very neat and tidy!

BeckyBenett

I'm going to get the Muji drawers tomorrow! My current storage is similar to yours Gracie. And since my drawers are deep and dark, I don't like how they look. I love your new system!!

naturallyfab

I've been thinking about getting the muji drawers for a while now - I'd love to have the majority of my collection visible at all times! Maybe I would forget about my products as much as I do . . . whoops

BeckyBenett

I got two of the 5-drawer sets over the weekend and spent my weekend reorganizing my makeup. I realize I still have a drawerful of makeup as I moved my palettes from a separate drawer to the existing drawer. This is a bad sign. I bought the 1-drawer set but think I'll exchange that. I just cannot decide between the 2-, 3-, or 5-drawer set. Its a bit much to have 4 sets of 5-drawer so I'm thinking a 2- or 3-drawer set would be good.

In my 1 5-drawer set, I store my lipsticks and most of my glosses and in the other 5-drawer set, I store my Mac blushes, msfs, and eyeshadows.

All my other Nars blushes, palettes, mascaras/liners, paintpots are in my drawer still. I'm starting to realize I have too much makeup. Hah.

But the muji drawers are definitely amazing. I'm using a lot more of my eyeshadows as I can see all the colors.

Eims

I'm seriously considering the Muji 5 drawer.

Right now everything is just tossed randomly in a cardboard box. It's hard to find what I want when I want it. Things are scattered all over my room because when I use them there's no real place for them to go back to. And then things end up lost. I had to buy a brand new eyeliner because I was so lost without it, then of course, as soon as I bought it the old one turned up.

My only problem is with shipping the 5 drawer is going to cost me €70 ($86)! Is it worth that?

If it was I might put some money aside, say like €10 for 7 weeks seems doable, and just save up.

Just seems way better than "THE BOX"
ssad.gif

Note: my make up collection is relatively small, I feel like it could hold most of the small stuff

VampyCouture

I love Muji drawers. I have 4 of the 5 drawers, but now want to go back and get two more five drawers and one of the thick two drawers. I hold jewelry in my Muji and only one drawer set is dedicated to my makeup, since I already own the Ikea Alex 9 drawer which holds all my makeup, nail polish and hair tools

AngieM

I love the Muji 5 drawer!! Might stop by Ikea sometime over the weekend to see what they've got on offer right now