Adam Walsh Child Protection Act

chaut_01

i dont know if this has been posted yet (i tried looking for it, so if it has already been posted this can be deleted)

Kim elaborates it more better than i can..but the act is supposed to require sex offenders to register in their states so that people can access their information and help families know who they are. This act is running out of funds as of this year (July). And Oprah said that some states aren't going to follow with the act any more too keep the funds going. to learn more about this act and to find out what you can do click on the links below. Thanks for your time!

Kim Kardashian official web site – photos, blog, news, bio

http://www.oprah.com/article/oprahshow/20090220-tows-adam-walsh-act/1

BEA2LS

the link will not open
ssad.gif
but i know here we have Megan's Law, which seems similar?

chaut_01

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEA2LS
the link will not open
ssad.gif
but i know here we have Megan's Law, which seems similar?

Really? thats so weird..it seems to work when i click on it?...you can always go to kim kardashian's main website and look through there or oprah's website for the information... i've havent heard of Megan's Law i'll def. look that up though!

Lapis

I think the SO registry needs to be graded or something.
I don't care if my neighbour was 18 and banged his 16 year old gf, I do care that his grandfather was 60 and touched a 8 year old, kwim?
Plus people put so much trust in these things, but most cases of abuse happen with people we trust with our kids, but we rather scream about the dirt bag married to the woman he went to jail for, than take a good look at Uncle J who always touched you on your leg and your mother never trusted and now is doing the same to your daughter.

xxManBeaterxx

Was Adam Walsh the son of the TV host on "America's most wanted criminals?" I think he was kiddnapped and brutally murdered at a very young age...

Its kind of spooky.. I looked up my neighborhood and theres quite a few sex offenders around town, my neighbor who lives a few houses down from me is on that list....... You just dont know.. It could happen at school, church, or your neighbors house.. As a victim of sexual child abuse, its vital for parents to not ignore the signs, watch for behavioral changes, sudden decline in grades and interests/hobbies, never brush things off and always ask questions.

BEA2LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaut_01
Really? thats so weird..it seems to work when i click on it?...you can always go to kim kardashian's main website and look through there or oprah's website for the information... i've havent heard of Megan's Law i'll def. look that up though!

I pulled it up, thanks - it seems to supplement Megan's Law. Megan's Law is an informal name for a law that requires sex offenders to be registered.. Megan Kanka was a little girl who lived by me (was about my age, too, which makes me sad) and was raped and killed by a neighbor. But in NJ sex offenders all have to register and will go to jail if they do not - i thought it was that way everywhere?
ssad.gif

chaut_01

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEA2LS
I pulled it up, thanks - it seems to supplement Megan's Law. Megan's Law is an informal name for a law that requires sex offenders to be registered.. Megan Kanka was a little girl who lived by me (was about my age, too, which makes me sad) and was raped and killed by a neighbor. But in NJ sex offenders all have to register and will go to jail if they do not - i thought it was that way everywhere?
ssad.gif

damn thats so sad. i did google megans law yesterday and it seems very similar to adam's law.

chaut_01

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxManBeaterxx
Was Adam Walsh the son of the TV host on "America's most wanted criminals?" I think he was kiddnapped and brutally murdered at a very young age...

Its kind of spooky.. I looked up my neighborhood and theres quite a few sex offenders around town, my neighbor who lives a few houses down from me is on that list....... You just dont know.. It could happen at school, church, or your neighbors house.. As a victim of sexual child abuse, its vital for parents to not ignore the signs, watch for behavioral changes, sudden decline in grades and interests/hobbies, never brush things off and always ask questions.

Yes, Adam is the son of the host on America's most wanted! i saw his interview on t.v and it shocked the heck out of me. Adam was kidnapped while he was shopping with his mother and then they found him butchered! i think it was his head that they've never found? i'm not quite sure as its been a while since i last saw that interview.

i Agree with everything you just said! its better to know who's living near you and look for the signs!

Latest posts