Advice for a new Blog?

lawandordercore

I just started my beauty blog today and I was wondering if any bloggers had any advice for someone new to blogging. There's only one or two posts so far but I plan on doing more tomorrow. Any constructive criticism would be appreciated as well
specktra_rocks.gif

My blog is Beauty & Cornbread

gildedangel

My biggest piece of advice is to enjoy it! Blog about what you want to blog about and have fun with it! Also, interact with the community! Follow and comment on lots of blogs and you will see your readership grow quickly. I would also suggest adding a Followers Widgit to your page; I know that it doesn't look very cute but it is the easiest way to start loyal readership. PS, your nail polish collection looks bomb and that kitty is SO cute!

Oh, there is something wrong with the coding of your layout; I can't leave a comment! I don't really know how to fix it, but I would try embedding the comment box in the post (it is an option under layout : blog posts).

lawandordercore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
My biggest piece of advice is to enjoy it! Blog about what you want to blog about and have fun with it! Also, interact with the community! Follow and comment on lots of blogs and you will see your readership grow quickly. I would also suggest adding a Followers Widgit to your page; I know that it doesn't look very cute but it is the easiest way to start loyal readership. PS, your nail polish collection looks bomb and that kitty is SO cute!

Oh, there is something wrong with the coding of your layout; I can't leave a comment! I don't really know how to fix it, but I would try embedding the comment box in the post (it is an option under layout : blog posts).

Thanks for the advice. I'm gonna work on fixing the commenting right now I didn't realize it didn't work haha. Melozburngr I'm adding your blog to my links list on the blog, I've been looking through it lately and I love it.

GlamQueen21

I like your nail polish collection! Super awesome! Like gildedangel said, enjoy it and you can blog whatever is on your mind. Adding your twitter updates on your blog is another thing to get readers to follow you on Twitter.

Latest posts