Advice for my eyeshape please!?

Kismet29

Hey all I have been having trouble when doing my eyes latley. I have a round eye and when I conecct my liner it makes them look super round, but when I try to wing out my eye liner and leave the top and bottom disconected it looks weird and unfinished. Any suggestions? I also never know how far over to take my shadow over. Its funny I do other peoples eyes all day and I'm fine but on my own I get stumped!

3f2d9c2bdda6__1265413906000.jpeg

Teacakeanyone

I also have round eyes and it's taken me a while to find a happy medium. For eyeliner, for day, I only line just maybe 1/3 of the way in on the lower lashline (from the outside corner, that is). This will give the illusion of increasing your eye's length (horizontally-speaking).

As for the top, try taking your liner just a *bit* past the end of your lashline and angle it a smidge upwards. This serves as making your top lashline fuller than it really is, especially if you're using black liner.

For shadow, similar principles apply. You want people to think your eye is longer than it really is, so imagine that outer 1/3 of your eye as where you want to put your darkest/crease colors. An example would be put a light, neutral color allll over your lid up to your brows, then put a contrasting/complementary color in your crease, then put a shade that's darker just in the outermost corner of the eye kinda where your top lashes end. Lots of people put the darkest shade in the "outer-V," which is simply following the natural shape of how your visible eyelid and the natural crease intersect on your eye. I don't because...well, part of it is because I'm lazier and part of it is I want to draw focus more upwards than that to offset my round eyeshape.

I hope this helps some!
winkiss.gif

*Edit - I looked back at your picture. If this helps you, when placing the darkest color or starting to add your contrasting/crease color, line it up with the top of your actual pupil (the black part of your eye). See what I mean? Think about the color's bottom starting where the corner of your eye is and going up to an imaginary line coming from your pupil. That's at least the area I target when trying to add depth.

Kismet29

Thanks so much I used these tricks this morning and it looks amazing. I also finally got some MAC fluid line oh geez its so easy to apply. I thought I sucked at liquid eyeliner turns out my liquid eye liner just sucked. I also did the three color idea and lined it up with my puple then did the darkest color on the V and your absolutley right its awsome. I added a bit of white liner to my water line for fun and it looks awsome! Now I can't wait to try more colors. Oh and the tape trick works great to I just angle it out a bit farther than the natural line and it opens my eyes right up! Thanks again for taking the time to help!

Teacakeanyone

You're so welcome! Glad I could help (and find this post again early in the morning haha). I haven't tried the tape trick myself. Certainly not on a regular basis; maybe I'll just have to do that someday soon!

Kismet29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civies
Wow, you have really nice brows!

Glad you fixed your eyeliner problem

Thanks!! I am so happy to hear that cause I am a freak ab out my brows. I wax brows all day and I love it but when it comes to my own I am always unhappy they are never just perfect! SO thanks!

Latest posts