advice for wedding make up?

s0damnbeautiful

Hi everyone! I wasn't sure where to post this ...

My little sister is getting married in two weeks and I'm doing her make up. Her dress is whitish ivory (i don't know how to describe the color. Its not WHITE, but it's not ivory either) w/ slight silver beading. She's totally stuck on me doing her make up just like I did for her prom, and her prom dress was off white and GOLD. It was a few years ago, before my MAC addiction started, and I honestly don't remember what colors I used.

She wants something simple, classy & elegant.

Any suggestions? She has brown eyes with gold flecks (HUGE, gorgeous eyes), dirty blonde hair, fair skinned with light freckles across her nose. She doesn't ever wear make up (I know, it breaks my heart) so anything you put on her makes her look a million times more amazing ...

Thanks in advance for your help! I'm at a loss and I want her to look perfect!

courters

I went and talked to a MA at MAC about my wedding makeup (getting married in September) and she suggested doing Brule for the lid color, soft brown in the crease, and Haux in the outer corner. She said it was important to do colors that will bring out your eye color but nothing overpowering or too shimmery.

She also suggested using a blushcreme (I got Brit Wit) instead of a powder blush.

My best suggestion would be to just take your sister into a MAC with you and have a MA work with you on picking out what colors would look good on her. I have the same coloring as your sister (freckles and all) but with blue eyes, so the eye shadow colors will probably be different for her - but hopefully this will give you some ideas!

Mainly I think the idea is to choose neutrals that will bring out her eye color but not over power her.

idreamincolor

Hey there, I put makeup on brides all the time. I have a few color suggestions that always work well on a fair skin gal... for eyes-- bare canvas eye paint, shroom and vanilla as a highlight, jest on the lid, and haux in the crease and blacktrack or dipdown fluidline. Use studio stick foundation and MSFnatural with a touch of golden bronzer for her face, for cheeks--tenderling blush, and for lips, whirl lipliner with Viva Glam 5 lipsick and gloss.....perfection!! Hope I helped....Good Luck!!

giz2000

Both of those ideas sounds like they would look terrific on your sister...let us know what she goes with!

s0damnbeautiful

Thanks for the suggestions!! I've been playing with some stuff and I have a few ideas.

I did take her to MAC, but she's a pain and didn't like the suggestions (she's soooooo picky).

I think I'm leaning towards shroom & satin taupe, w/ a touch of dark blue (haven't decided which yet, maybe blue edge) because her flowers are dark blue, her maid of honor is in dark blue and her maids are in light blue. So I want something blue to tie it all together, if I can work it so she likes it haha.

Thanks for your suggestions and I"ll let you know what I go with!