Advice From Bloggers Please!

Lady Gray

Thanks so much everyone - everyone that has posted I am now following.
yahoo.gif

fingie

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsic
I also have a blog. I don't have many (lol, I have like 3 literally...and that's stretching it) followers yet

LOL same here. For me though I don't usually follow bloggers on LJ like I do on Blogspot.. just because usually for me LJ is more personal and I like having access to all of the blogs on BS that I follow all in one place.

PurpleOrchid

I think it helps to have a style & hook from the get-go. I'm still struggling with mine. For example, there are already a ton of makeup blogs out there dedicated to updating you with product release info. Will I be able to "compete" with those blogs? Probably not, since I am late to the game and don't have the access to the information they do (MU companies will provide information and product samples to certain bloggers with large followings to gain press).

So my best advice is try to find your style, don't duplicate what is already being done ad nauseum (like product release info blogs, swatch blogs, etc) unless you are privy to info that those others aren't, and have fun!

PS - If you or anyone here who has responded wants to swap links or become followers, just let me know :)

krijsten

I'd say really just blog about what you love! I've blogged for a while now, some personal, some themed! But yes. How to attract readers - Comment on people! Not only will people find you, you'll probably make a few friends too!
greengrin.gif

blazeno.8

I figured that I would like to start a blog myself (in the signature). I'll add you to my blog's following list.
smiles.gif
I'm still trying to figure out how this whole thing works.

Paramnesia

Hey been checking out all of your blogs (some didn't work, maybe its my internet, will try again later).

I'm following all of the blogs I could get to work, I'm ambiguous artistry, I don't really use blogger to blog, my main blog is Ambiguous Artistry. I'm an abstract artist, been trying to promote my work before I start selling.

Can't wait to read more of your blogs
smiles.gif

Latest posts