Advice needed ?

onionbooty

After a weekend full of MAC shopping til you drop, I went to my local MAC counter (at Dillards) for some of the lipsticks that were sold out from Heatherette. I happened to meet the manager that same day, and upon ringing me up, she was asking me about make up, other MA who have assisted me, and if I was familiar with these products.

Make a long story short, I decided, why not ask for an application? So she asked for my name, and told me hers. I took the application and shook her hand, "nice to meet you" and went on my way.

On Thursday, I went in to turn the application and resume in but since she wasn't there, one of the employees told me she would be in on Saturday.

So this past Saturday I came in to turn in my application and resume, and she did remember me. She complimented on my makeup, hair, and clothes (I wore all black) After skimming over my papers, she asked me what hours I would be willing to work and other things, but then she told me she currently had no positions open and would call me if she did.

I told her I looked forward to hearing from her and was excited at the thought of this job. She told me to check back in a couple of weeks if she hadn't called me. Shook her hand again and said I hope to hear from you soon.

So...

my question is... as dumb as I might sound, hehe; Should I be excited about her asking me what hours I could work, and if I could work more than 25 (that's what I wrote on my application) or am I just getting my hopes up? I don't want to think I am up for the job and then get shut down!

THANKS
smiles.gif

baybehbekah

i generally feel that people say what they mean and i am sure she must have liked something about you to say & do what she did! and don't forget that there might be other locations hiring so make sure you make yourself known there too!
smiles.gif
give her a call in a few weeks and see what she says! maybe ask her if she knows of any other locations hiring.

good luck & keep us posted!
smiles.gif

onionbooty

I finally got a call today about coming in for a demo! It was a long 3 months, but I was so excited to hear from them. I'm coming in on Thursday at 3:00 at a counter in Dillards, and was wondering if anyone has any advice for me (I have read all the other threads about what to expect... but the excitement is killing me!)

Thanks in advance!

RetroPinup

Congrats! It seems like she really likes you, so that is a BIG plus!
yes.gif

So that fact that she followed through is awesome!! Good luck!!!
greengrin.gif