Advice on MUFE foundation

Retropinuplady

Hi everyone,

Im really interested in getting the MUFE mat velvet foundation but have no idea what color id be.Im NC15 but the mua said even thats a bit dark for my skintone but they dont make one lighter. Anyone else out there who could help me out? x

Temptasia

I highly suggest you visit their counter and get a skin match. Some people like their foundation darker or lighter...sometimes you can miscalculate the tones in your skin. I was in between shades with MAC but with MUFE, I found a flawless match...so I couldn't really go by my MAC shade.

Retropinuplady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temptasia
I highly suggest you visit their counter and get a skin match. Some people like their foundation darker or lighter...sometimes you can miscalculate the tones in your skin. I was in between shades with MAC but with MUFE, I found a flawless match...so I couldn't really go by my MAC shade.

Thanks,only problem I have is the closest one is London x

chrissyclass

I got mat velvet in the color Alabaster and it's perfect. I found it on my own buy trying on the testers. On Mac I'm an NC15 too and it is a tad too dark on me as well. If mac probably made an NC10 that would be me! lol

Retropinuplady

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissyclass
I got mat velvet in the color Alabaster and it's perfect. I found it on my own buy trying on the testers. On Mac I'm an NC15 too and it is a tad too dark on me as well. If mac probably made an NC10 that would be me! lol

Thanks,I'll try it and hope for the best,Id probably be an NC10 too lol x

ForgetRegret

^^^ LOL That seems to be the situation with a lot of us ladies...I'm probably an NC10 as well...the NC15 is a bit too dark and because of that, just a little too yellow. Random tip, if you need it; I combat the fact that it's too dark/yellow by using NW5 powder to set it. It's not a perfect, perfect match, but it makes it so that I can wear MAC foundation without looking like a jaundiced freak.
greengrin.gif

I don't use MatVelvet, I use the HD foundation in 117 Marble, but looking at the swatches on Sephora, 117 and Alabaster seem like they're basically the same color, so I'd say Alabaster would probably be a safe bet for you.
smiles.gif

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retropinuplady
Hi everyone,

Im really interested in getting the MUFE mat velvet foundation but have no idea what color id be.Im NC15 but the mua said even thats a bit dark for my skintone but they dont make one lighter. Anyone else out there who could help me out? x

I actually just bought this last week which is kind of ironic.

I am NC15, MUFE 117, and Mat Velvet #20-Ivory.

Out of those three, the one that is my EXACT match is the HD. But I can wear the other two with no issues.

wvc75

I also just bought the MUFE HD foundation last week . I ended up being a 117 in that but I am an NC20 in MAC .
mac_lipstick.gif

Latest posts