Advice please...bad ebay experience

makeup_junkie

I've just started collecting MAC postcards, so I ordered a few from eBay. I ordered Black Tied, Fab Florals, and Holidazzle. Once I won the cards, I paid immediately. I emailed the seller to find out when he sent the cards (it had been over a week since I had paid), and he informs me that he couldn't find the Holidazzle card and sent three others in its place. He ended up sending me Huetopia, Lustre Lips, and Merry MACmas (Rupaul). I already have Lustre Lips, and I don't want the other two. I don't understand why he didn't contact me before he sent the other three cards in place of the missing Holidazzle card. I'm not very familiar with eBay, but I made sure he was a good seller based on the feeback; he has 99.5% positive feedback. Should I leave negative feedback? Does this type of thing happen often on eBay?

Thanks.

pumpkincat210

You can probably still get your $$ back. Have you emailed the seller and asked for a refund? On your ebay homepage you can also file a report on items that are significantly different from the description, they will try to get your money back. Sometimes its just a mistake so I'd wait a little longer after you've talked with the seller and see how it goes, then when you've done all you can leave feedback.

joytheobscure

Maybe he got your order mixed with someone elses? I'd email and see if you can get a refund... I hope you can work it out.

Kansas huh? I was a Kansan last year :)

makeup_junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joytheobscure
Maybe he got your order mixed with someone elses? I'd email and see if you can get a refund... I hope you can work it out.

Kansas huh? I was a Kansan last year :)

No, he just said that he lost the Holidazzle card so he sent three very rare cards in its place.

mpicky

Before you do anything, contact the seller. If he has good feedback, he won't want to jeopardize that, he will work with you.

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

Forget that - he should have let you know he " lost " it thats false advertisment ( does it say that card is in the auction?? ) If so and he doesn't comply and give you your money or the card . contact Ebay & Paypal - for false advertisment.. Lost it... sheesh. I hope it works out for you.

makeup_junkie

I bid on three cards individually...Black Tied, Fab Florals, and Holidazzle. The auction wasn't for all three of them; that's why I'm annoyed. I've emailed him and haven't heard from him in a few days. If I want a refund, will I have to send the other unwanted cards back? Because that is just a huge hassle.

CaliKris

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeup_junkie
If I want a refund, will I have to send the other unwanted cards back? Because that is just a huge hassle.

You may not have to, a friend of mine bid on an "Authentic Coach" purse, but when she got it it was so fake it was funny. She contacted ebay, had to go through a waiting period and then got her money back. They never asked for the purse back, so she didnt have to worry about the hassle of sending it back.

Contact EBAY ASAP, he should have told you before he sent you the item that you would not be getting what you actually bid on. You would have had the chance to let him know you would rather have a refund instead of items you didn't want. You can get a full refund for that. He may not have done it intentionally because he "lost it", but it is still wrong!