Advice Please How do I move on? [ps don't date co workers]

luvme4me

delete

Also I just recently found out that my so called best friend won't even make an effort to hang out with me and she just causally mentioned to me that she is "seeing a guy also a musician " that I used to see about three years ago but things ended badly after I found out he was sleeping with some other girls. Now I am a little hurt by her seeing him but I just want the best for her.SORRY this is so long. Thanks to whoever reads my little rant.

MACATTAK

It's hard to deal with when you care about someone, but given the fact that he has a girlfriend & feels no need to mention it and was still flirting with you, makes me think he is not a guy you need to cry over. As for your friend, chances are the same thing is going to happen to her. Surround yourself with other good friends & don't think of it as a big loss. From what you mentioned above, these people don't sound like they are worth your time.

luvme4me

Thank you for helping me out. Its just hard, I really don't have any friends I only had that one friend and another around my age and she has a boyfriend and spends all her time with him. Its like I am the one always texting to get together. As far as the guy situation it just sucks. Its like why can't I just meet someone nice? I know its better to surround yourself with good people but why is it this lonely? I feel like I am turning into this bitter person and I sooo don't want to be bitter but its raining in my world.

MACATTAK

I know it's hard. I don't have a lot of female friends, because I attract the wrong ones & the guy situation for me has been hard as well. I am learning (sometimes the hard way) that I would rather be alone then waste my time with people who aren't worth it. Good people in general are hard to come by. If you are always wrapped up with the wrong people, you won't be available for the right ones.

luvme4me

Thats so true! I need good people. Thank You so much. Today at work I didn't even run into the guy which a part of me is like good its better not to see him and a part of me is just sad, I thought he was going to be the one to get me. I have never really felt like this about any guy but I am going to try my best to just move on and hope the void goes away. It so odd cause now I am like remembering all our talks and stuff and I just figured out 2 months after he talked to me about having a girlfriend he began dating her. 2 frickin months.

Glassdoll

Is he really worth it? I mean was he leading you on and all? If he was, then really its not worth it girl, esp cos he "forgot" to mention he had a gf.
The thing is i know its gonna be so damn difficult, cos ur gonna be all confused as u know ur not gonna be with that guy, so u want to get over him in a way, but on the other hand, u still like him, so u want to see him and talk to him etc.
The best thing for u to do i think, would be to minimise contact with him, like even if u bump into him, just keep it to a simple hi, bye. Hopefully, with a bit of time u would feel so upset and feel like crying when u see him and all.
Regarding the friend issue, maybe u need to find some other single friends to hang out with (it will also help u get over the guy faster). Its usually abit hard when u only have a few friends and they've all got bf's b'cos they would want to spend a fair bit of time with their bf's.
I'm not sure if i was of any help, but i hope u cheer up soon.
smiles.gif

luvme4me

YES you guys are helping Thank You so much.He started dating her like 2 months after we lost communication, he had to have known her while we were hanging out. It just so happend he passed by my office a couple of times before I left and we just have these looks, I just don't get it. I think he is feeling guilty. Tommorrow is going to be really hard for me since its friday and all I will think about is the fact that I don't have anyone to hang out with this weekend. But I am gonna do my best to stay positive and keep busy.

SparklingWaves

Replace both of them. Make a game plan for yourself. If you like the job, keep it. If not, look for another. Look out for you. They are looking out for themselves.

Unfortunately, I found myself in the same situation a few months ago. The guy that I was involved with was my classmate and not my co worker, which that made it even harder to deal with. It's hard when you can't figure out whether a person likes you for you or they're own beneficial purposes. I felt like after awhile he just wanted someone to help him pass his classes and get through school and that really hurted me, but I had to move on and now I'm much better off without him.