AFNI, Inc Collections Agency

noahlowryfan

Has anyone received a collection letter from them before. Are they a collection scam company? I read online that some say they are but I just want to know from people in here.

shatteredshards

Agreed. What it boils down to is if they're contacting you, they need to tell you which company/bank has passed your account to them for collections, and exactly how much the account was overdue/in debt when they got it. If you have doubts, contact that company/bank and ask them if your account was passed on to collections and which collections agency they gave it to.

abbyquack

Yea if you know of anything you've never paid, you might want to check. But there are scams out there so be careful don't give them any personal info! One company would call my parent's house, leaving rude messages for my brother in law saying he owed some debt, and I googled the company and it turns out they buy collections from like 10 years ago after the statute of limits has been passed so normal collection agencies have dropped it. Anyways they will try to get $$ out of people that is no longer legally due. Not sure if this is the same kind of thing but just make sure you know what you're paying
smiles.gif

blazeno.8

It could also be a question of medical bills. If you've received service from a hospital that doesn't have centralized billing it might be related to that.