African Black Soap

JamaicanDiva2

I got mine from Afrikan Republic (afrikanrepublic.com)- I ordered the Black Soap and the Raw Shea Butter and i'm so glad I did! They have fast shipping & great prices! I'm also glad I started using the soap again - after initially breaking out I stopped using it but I decided to give it another try & I've used it for about a week now, and I really feel like it's helping my skin! Yes, I've broken out a couple of times, and it can be kind of drying, but. . .it really smoothes my skin & is helping even the tone & texture out! And the few breakouts I did get went away really quickly - I can't even say that they're from the soap b/c i've been going thru a lot of changes & stress lately. . . I really believe this soap + the shea butter is helping my volatile skin, so I'm about to start week 2 of using it, will keep you all posted!

Mandy4610

I just ordered the soap from coastal scents...It was out of stock for the longest time.
I already have Shea butter, so I am good to go.
Any updates from anyone?

ashk36

i stopped using the shea butter a month or 2 ago. my skin was doing great, and then all of a sudden it just freaked out. instead, i've been using aveno moisturizer, the calming one, and it's been fine. my skin is super clear right now, but i also quit smoking for a few days...i wonder if my face is just catching up. i quit for about 3 and a half days, and i really think that helped. then i started again. oops. i've cut back a LOT though. i've had the same pack since wednesday. and i've been drinking tons of water, since i hear that's supposed to help fight nicotine cravings. and with quitting smoking, i have to start eating healthier since i know my metabolism is gonna slow down. i didn't realize nicotine withdrawal feels like you're gonna puke, gonna sneeze, and are really hungry, all at the same time. i can see how people gain weight when they give up smoking.

ok hardly any of the above has to do with ABS and shea butter. sorry. let's sum it up...

still use ABS twice daily, no shea butter, skin's not bad. not changing anything anytime soon.
greengrin.gif

makeba

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleland
You really picked my interesteed on this.
Can you suggest me a seller, even on e-bay, who is trusted and ships outside th US?

Chocolategoddes your mum shea butter looks gorgeous, please post her website when is ready!

i have gotten black soap and shea butter from Nasaab.com and have had wonderful results. their soap is very soft and the shea butter is very earthy smelling which doesnt bother me at all.

ashk36

yeah i forgot to mention the shea butter from CS is gritty. not all of it, but sometimes you'll get a piece that feels like there's sand in it. the stuff works great for new tattoos, though...i mean, aside from the gritty pieces. that hurts like hell!!

Mandy4610

So I ot my ABS and I used it twice now. It is very drying so I will have to find a good way to moisturize so that my skin does not dry out.

shedonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
Has anyone tried Nubian Heritage brand? I picked up a bar of the Black Soap and a Raw Shea Butter Lotion (which is amaaaaazing), but I have not tried the soap yet. The lovely ladies at the boutique said it was one of their best sellers. I want the Cocoa Butter lotion too, it smelled JUST LIKE chocolate.

I`ve used the NH Lemon Grass & Tea Tree brand soaps on my body and they smell divine and clean well. I like that they're organic and all-natural and they leave me squeaky clean. However, the black soap they have for the face didn`t do much for me. I have oily skin and it dried the oil up pretty well, but left 0 moisture, so I oiled back up pretty quickly after that. I also didn`t like how it was BLACK, when natural black African soaps are tannish/brown.. But for the body, the scented soaps are the business.
clapping.gif

Naija

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztirkazoid
I've been hearing all about this on MUA, too.

Anybody know where the cheapest place is to get black soap on the internet? Or any particular eBay sellers that sell authentic black soap?

The cheapest is from Hosiaonline.com because their shipping is cheap, like 2, 3 bucks for it. I myself use black soap religiously. I just started getting into shea butter but I'm finding that the shea butter i just ordered on Amazon may not be the real deal or may have been mixed. Apparently it's not supposed to be deep yellow.
th_confused_new.gif
It's supposed to be beige or light yellow, if it's dark yellow, it's not unrefined. So i got bamboozled..sometimes I can't stand Ebay and Amazon. boooo..

ashk36

I was using shea butter from coastal scents for a while, but during the summer, I started to break out quite a bit and I'm fairly sure that's what it was from. I may start using it to moisturize again for winter, but I think I want to find a different shea butter. The gritty pieces that I mentioned before kind of bother me. A friend of mine had some shea butter that her granny gave her, and it was completly smooth and I loved it. I need to find a new website for the stuff. What I have kind of feels like I'm moisturizing with greasy sand sometimes.

thekatalyst

It looks like it might not be that bad price-wise to get it from coastal scents, since it's on sale for $8/11 oz. right now. That's quite a bit more than some of the other sites that were suggested, considering the shipping on those sites didn't seem to be that much better than at coastal scents.

hmmmm...

DJtiger

black soap is the biz for real. i get mine from the market place where i live but i have ordered it from Nasaab.com and its great stuff. unrefined shea butter is very healthy for the skin too. you only need a little bit though. it will melt into the skin perfectly. when i use my black soap i use warm water becuz if its too warm/hot it will irritate my skin. after you use it rinse your skin with cool or cold water so the pores will close.
See.. this is great information to know Makeba. I see only women on this thread but i had to chime in because I, like you beautiful ladies have some skin imperfections and looking for a product to help me. I have 100% raw black soap. Took a shower with it for the first time 2 days ago. Yesterday my entire body is covered in irritated, tingling, feverish little red spots. I took some benadryl as i know that helps for allergies. Today is a little better but skin is still irritated. Your post says warm water and a cool rinse. Why do you say that, did you have some adverse reaction to make you try this method? If so, could you share that with us. BTW.. i havent used it since.

Thanks
*needs this irritation to go away!! ugh*

Rahat

One of my aunti has been using black soap for 2 years. It is drying but it clears up your skin. All long as you have a good moisturizer, you should be fine. It will burn you face if you don't wash it off right away but it's just taking off the old skin. Good black soap hard and dark. If it is soft it was not cured long enough. But it is still good.

NewChick10

I just ordered the African black soap from coastal scents. I hope I won't regret it. http://www.coastalscents.com/as-011.html?p=2 I also got the black soap with shea butter http://www.specktra.net/forums/posts/add/threadId/136306

Lin1018

Do you know what the actual ingredients are in the black soap please? What is the anti-bacterial agent they use, is it Triclosan?

LovelyLouboutin

I want to love african black soap but when i'm honest with myself it doens't work for me. It dries my skin out and it doesn't help my acne.

I do want to try it as a body wash though to see if the skin on my body reacts differently.

Latest posts