after a cheek glow.. Nars albatross or Nars multiple in copacabana???

pammy35

Hey peoples, I'm after that glowy (not chalky or over shimmery) cheek glow, like that dewy effect on the apples of the cheeks.. I like when you see the victoria secret models wearing it and they look angelic and fresh.. Has anyone also tried kevyn aucoins candlelight???.... Hope you can help.. Joann
mac_addict.gif
e

Whisperwar

I don't have either of these products, but have only heard good things about Albatross as a highlight. However, if you're looking for a dewy look, maybe you'd be better with a mousse or cream; the multiple could be good for the affect you want.

j_absinthe

Given your criteria, I'd say neither.

Albatross is wonderful, but applies a more frosted highlight, and Copacabana is a creme to powder product that (at least in my experience) ends up really glittery.

If you want more of a dewy highlighter, I'd suggest you look into Smashbox's Artificial Lights, Revlon SkinLights, Face Atelier Sheers, MAC's Cream Color Bases, or Benefit's Benetint.

moonlit

I posted a swatch in the official specktra swatch thread- mac strobe and revlon skin lights.. check it out..

I stay in a hot humid place so I dont like to use liquid highlighters much..I use shimpagne msf..

but for the dewy look- glowy cheeks- revlon skin lights/mac strobe- apply only on cheeks.. I feel it looks weird on me if I apply on entire face

jus my opinion

alka1

Both of those get really great reviews all the time. I only have NARS Albatross so I can only comment on that one. It's smooth in texture, gives a soft golden sheen and looks gorgeous on the cheeks or anywhere you want to highlight.

I'd say go for Albatross since it ends up being more versatile. Albatross can be easily layered over any blush/bronzer you want. It makes any blush you have glow that much better. I'd imagine that would be harder to do with a creamy highlighter.. blending a cream over a powder blush.. I'm not sure if that would work. unless of course you want to use the highlighter by itself.

I really want to try NARS multiples though.. south beach is calling my name!

pammy35

has anyone tried kevyn aucoins candlelight???... now with revlon skinlights is that applied under the foundation???
mac_addict.gif