Air brushing

doc

What is AIR BRUSHING ? If it's related to make up then how to do it and what r the results ?

princess_jenilee

I honestly don't know much about air brushing but my stage make-up professor said they use it often for actors on TV or movies. It gives a flawless finish as if they are not wearing foundation. Also cool for full body make-up like on cirque du sole.

beautifulxdisaster

they airbrush them on Cirque du Soleil? wow! I don't know much about airbrushing other than they use an airbrush tool like getting your nails airbrushed. Sally Hansen has a spray can of airbrush makeup, I don't know how effective it is, though.

user2

Today I saw some airbrush makeup from Dior! Its like a hairspray but filled with foundation!

beautifulxdisaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by archangeli
http://www.usluairlines.com/uslu.html

I've had this product demo'd on me before. i'll post a pic of anyone is interested.

Please do! I want to see if there is a difference between that and regular foundation

archangeli

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulxdisaster
Please do! I want to see if there is a difference between that and regular foundation

airbrushing takes more time, and still needs to be powdered a bit.
however, you get a VERY sheer layer of foundation that you can layer up for coverage and it makes blending idiot-proof.

I posted a pic in my gallery - http://www.specktra.net/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=537

It's almost a year old.. LOL... I look positively constipated in those photos...

xquisitevietma

airbrush makeup?

i was watching the runway project show & i watched them put on the makeup with airbrush, so i looked it up online. although it is quite expensive, it's suppose to save you a lot of foundation because it only requires a few drops of the liquid foundation. i was wondering if anyone has tried that? does it give good coverage? comments anyone..

aziajs

Well, MAC sells it on the Pro site but I can't imagine ever buying it cuz I wouldn't need it. But for photoshoots and stuff I could totally see it.

martygreene

While it does use less product (generally), it requires owning or having access to an airbrush and an air compressor, as well as knowledge on how to properly calibrate and use them. It takes longer (it has much fussier cleanup) and is incredibly difficult to do on oneself. Have you ever seen airbrush artists doing T-shirts and motorcycles at fairs or beaches? It's the same thing, only using makeup.

melozburngr

so, if I have an airbrush and compressor, which I do... I can use it for makeup? where would I find said makeup? I can use the same airbrush that I would use for any other kind of painting?

giz2000

MAC sells foundation in all sorts of colors especially made for airbrushing. The foundation is very watery (so as to not clog the nozzle) and goes on very sheer. I have used airbrushing for bridal makeup (especially when the wedding is outdoors in our lovely FL humidity). It takes some practice to get the hang of it, but the finish is impeccable.

Villainiss

Yes - you can use your airbrush & compressor for makeup, if it's a low PSI. As stated above, MAC makes a great airbrush foundation, and of course, it's very sheer, but it can be layered for extra coverage. If you're not very fond of it, there are many others who make it - TEMPTU is a great brand, and they've been in the market for years.

It's also really great for Hi-Def TV & Film, it's not cakey at all, and very light, so there's a lot of folks who are moving towards using it in the industry.

Sure, it takes time to learn how to do it well, but doesn't it take time to learn to do any makeup application process well?

lara

Don't mix up aerosol foundation (Dior SkinFlash, etc) with airbrushed foundation. Two totally different animals.

I use a gravity feed airbrush for doing HDTV work - all of the foundation from head to toe, highlighting and contouring plus blush, then I mask off and do the base eyeshadow colour with it. Powder off completely, wait for it to go bone dry and then fill in the rest of the eye with powder shadow and brushes.
Once you get the hang of it, it's impeccable. Lasts much longer under studio lights than anything else.

As for civvie work, I only use the airbrush on brides/bridesmaids/etc who have bad acne. The rest of the time I keep it lo-fi.