Air purifiers & Dehumidifiers

MisaMayah

Guys what are your views on these? Any experience with them?

Have they improved your health in any way? Any noticable differences in the atmosphere/feel of your home??

Reccommendations if possible please!!

Thank you so much
thmbup.gif

SuSana

A few years ago there were really bad fires here, I'm talking ash covering cars, if you went outside you would get ash on you, the sky was always dark no matter the time, it was terrible. I have asthma and I could not leave the house if I didn't have to because if I would go outside I felt suffocated. Anyways at the Targets around here all the air purifiers were sold out so my Mom ordered the Ionic Breeze online, I think it was around $100. Before we got it, the house was smokey, we plugged it in, a couple hours later you couldn't smell smoke unless someone opened the door. So it really works.

End of long story haha.

silentkite

We have a dehumidifier. I really noticed a difference when it stopped working, whenever I ran clothes dryer the air felt damp. Also, I had fairy floss (cotton candy) in an open container on the table and within half an hour, it had started to melt like it was wet. Neither of us has allergies so it isn't a health thing, but I can imagine we'd have a lot more mold without the dehumidifier.

frocher

Air purifiers are great. Be sure to get one with a hepa filter, and replace the pre-filters often.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Ive heard bad things about the Ionic type of air filters.

I know my grandpa has two in his house and I had to stay with him last week (he had heart surgery)

and I had a migraine every day. Until I left.

I did some research on them and some people believe they put an abnormal amount of ozone in the air and it can actually be bad for you.

Linky link

talste

Last year I contracted bacterial tonsillitis, It was so nasty my tonsils were red and inflamed and had white pus oozing from them, gross eh.

It lasted for weeks & took 2 courses of antibiotics to get rid of.
I was left with a constant sore throat that was especially bad at night & my Doctor kept recommending an air purifier. I didn't think it would help so kept putting off buying one, then finally as a last resort I picked one up and it worked like magic.

Literally from the first night I used it I was able to sleep through the night and didn't wake up with a scratchy dry sore throat. I would definitely recommend buying one

SkylarV217

Okay We have loads of experience in this area =) . We had to move rather suddenly on a last minute decision to start at a different school . We needed a 3 bedroom apartment on a very limited budget. We found an amazing apartment 1/4 of a mile from campus that was perfect for us in every way except that the women that lived here previously smoked for 10 years in our cozy little apartment. Being allergic to smoke, this was a problem.

We've wash everything 3 times and got tar off of all the cabinets and such, painted and after living here for several months got new carpets. We found several options of air purifiers.

1.) Ozone generator. - Ozone is bad for you in large doses and the generator was pricy ( $ 590.00 Range ) . Since it's bad for you and i have a 2 year old i refused to let it run any time close to when we would be here. Plus I have a strong scene of smell and the ozone smells a lot like chlorine. After months of headaches we bought this and ran it on a timer so that the appt would have some time to air out b/w the time that we were gone. It works wonders ... Essentially what it does is attack oder molecules. And once it does it dissipates into O2.... The same way chlorine works in a pool.... It helps with orders tremendously .... =)

2.) Febreeze makes small air purifiers that plug into the wall and these are little wonders . They last forever with one filter and they make a huge difference in the air. Even without the smoke smell out air is stale and this helps to take out the impurities and keeps it moving. These are GREAT

3.) We also got a small air purifier that sits under an end table and runs continuously . Its amazing. The first time I walked into the house with these running you could tell the biggest difference.

I would also recommend buying the expensive air filters. They do a ton of work at keeping your air clean . We had to buy at least 10 at $20 each and within a day or 2 they were BLACK .... I was shocked. So if you don't smoke I'm sure they would help a lot at keeping your air clean ... They ones most people use are at about a 300 grade these are 1700.... We've since dropped down to about at 1200 and they still turn black after 2 or 3 weeks ...

We've tried everything in the world , If It's on the internet we tried it... Feel free to PM me if you want more info =)

starraffy

Thank you so much
thmbup.gif
Based on my experience air purifiers are useful especially for those dusty areas, I use one in my bedroom,and it significantly lessens the dusts around and for people allergic to dusts,danders and pollen like me, it is recommended. Just choose the best product and depending on your needs.
Dehumidifiers isn't only useful for keeping the area dry it can also eliminate problems in humid area such as growth of molds and mildew problems, I have one in the laundry area and it helps to dry our clothes as well:)