Airport Security Question

badkittekitte

hey there...i really hope that someone can direct me to a thread here about what can't (of mac) be carried on a plane? im moving to seattle and im not checking me traincase...so i know that i will have to pack my fix+ and charged water in my case...but does gloss count as a liquid? i guess that would be my only question....oh and i swear i heard that you have to pay to check each luggage or something like that...please help me girls and guys!!!!

user79

I'd pack lipgloss in your checked luggage just in case, with any other liquids you have, to be on the safe side.

badkittekitte

thanks! and my mac wipes should be fine right? i just know that you will fined even if you make a mistake...

purrtykitty

Yeah, some places consider it a liquid, some don't, so better to pack it in your case than risk having it tossed. I've even been told my eye cream was a "liquid". Whatever. I put anything that can be conceived as a liquid in the little baggie, now. Wipes should be fine, though.

Mabelle

generally its liquids and gels that should be checked. I would check
any glosses, lipsticks, creams (conclearer, foundation, moisturizer, primer)liquid liners, gel liners, mascara...
Anything that isnt a powder, check it to be safe. i know its a pain in the ass, but its better than going through secruity and finding out youhave all this stuff that isnt allowed on the plane!

xsnowwhite

my MAC glosses have always been allowed there. I go to seattle alot and have never had a prob with the glosses. The only thing they questioned was mascara...didn't think that was a liquid but whatever

KikiB

I'd check anything that isn't a powder, and then keep your eye cream, Charged Water, Fix+, mascara, and a lipglass in your Ziploc bag.

Good to hear you're joining our ranks...heh...

badkittekitte

hahaha....yea! this sucks but i guess i will be bringing my case on the plane with me half full....uhhh im just sooo scared my precious will get crushed
ssad.gif

concertina

This might help:
TSA: What To Know Before You Go

When I traveled recently from Austin to San Diego, I had a lipglass and a lipstick my purse; wasn't an issue at all.

But just to be safe, I'd check them. Or, if you can, ship them ahead of time. Some, not all or even the majority, of the baggage inspectors can have sticky fingers. I've had it happen to me...

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
generally its liquids and gels that should be checked. I would check
any glosses, lipsticks, creams (conclearer, foundation, moisturizer, primer)liquid liners, gel liners, mascara...
Anything that isnt a powder, check it to be safe. i know its a pain in the ass, but its better than going through secruity and finding out youhave all this stuff that isnt allowed on the plane!

agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badkittekitte
ok....bc i have a lot of glosses, paint pots, one mascara, fluidlines and one liquid liner......

i would check everything! but, if you are absolutely need to carry it on, you can take all that, but it all has to fit into ONE quart-size ziploc. it sounds like you have more than what would fit in one bag. if so, they won't let you take it all. and, if you're in line at security and you have more than one ziploc, they will throw all away but one bag. i wouldn't wanna be in your shoes if that happens.

i would highly suggest that you put all your makeup in your traincase. if there's any room left over inside the case, stuff it with bubble wrap. then pack your traincase in a suitcase surrounded by clothes. this should keep everything nice and secure.

all airlines but one (can't remember the name) let you check one bag free of charge per person. anything more and you are charged per bag. that one airline that i can't remember the name of now charges for every bag checked. assholes!!! its cuz their biz is in the toilet.

if you go to the website of the airline you're flying, it will tell you the charges for checked bags.

badkittekitte

thanks so much for input girls....looks like i will most likely pack my case in my suitcase...im gonna have to get clever..i have the 1.6 mac case. i almost dont wanna fly with all these rules....i know they are only to keep me safe but damn....

Mabelle

things are going really badly for airlines right now.
there having a hell of a time making profits with the price of gas. yes, i know it sounds ridiculous considering how much a flight is, but they don;t get any deals with gas. Plus the government (canadian anyway) taxes the hell out of airlines. I know thats why air canada has been cutting so many jobs. why that other airline is charging for pillows and blankets.

Come spetember expect major changes in airlines.

coachkitten

I agree with erine that you should check as much as you can. Nothing is worse than being told that you need to throw something away! Better to be safe than sorry. BTW congrats on your move and happy to have another specktraette in the seattle area!
smiles.gif

badkittekitte

yea...looks like i need to set up a mac get together when i settle in! yay...looks like im gonna check on my liquids and only have powders in my case...and carry that on...again...thanks so much...

Latest posts