Alhambra, CA (NOT a CCO) Melody's Makeup Outlet

MonBlanCesS

Its a cute boutique shop very similar to a CCO but I found the prices to be a little bit more expensive than a CCO, maybe only some things though. They carry MAC, Smashbox, Estee Lauder, Too Faced, Clinique and many more. I think its only worth to check out if youre in the neighborhood because I only bought one MAC e/s and did not find for the other things I was hoping they would carry.

If you wanna check it out here's the address:

11 South 2nd St. Alhambra, CA 91801

ktdetails

Just a heads up MSASHLAY bought a fake pigment from Melody's she did a post on it ( under a fake mac forum) ... I don't know what's up with that store.

msashlay

Unfortunately, I did. It's in the Counterfeit MAC section if you wanna take a look. However, the owner was unaware and he's pulling all the fakes. I'm going in there tomorrow and I'll double check to see if all the fakes have been removed from the pigment section.

SMMY

Quote:
Originally Posted by msashlay
Unfortunately, I did. It's in the Counterfeit MAC section if you wanna take a look. However, the owner was unaware and he's pulling all the fakes. I'm going in there tomorrow and I'll double check to see if all the fakes have been removed from the pigment section.

This is why I only buy pigments at my MAC counter or a EL CCO. It's too easy for a secondary retailer to get duped into buying fakes and then reselling them, whether they know they're real or fake. Just not worth the hassle for me. I want to make sure that the item I purchase is genuine MAC.

msashlay

Hey guys, I went today and he has removed them. He and his wife spent time going through all the makeup.

On the plus side, they do have some great LE items.
and
I saw Lovejoy and Gleeful mineralized blush.
Sea & Sky and Fresh Green Mix MES.
Some powder blushes like Harmony, Springsheen, Peachtwist.
Some pro pan refills for shadows and blushes
antiquitease
stylistics
REAL pigments - Lark About, Bell Bottom Blue - if you are worried about pigments here, just open it and make sure the lid is not shiny.
smiles.gif

He's a really nice guy..just got tricked by someone else.

MonBlanCesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by msashlay
Hey guys, I went today and he has removed them. He and his wife spent time going through all the makeup.

On the plus side, they do have some great LE items.
and
I saw Lovejoy and Gleeful mineralized blush.
Sea & Sky and Fresh Green Mix MES.
Some powder blushes like Harmony, Springsheen, Peachtwist.
Some pro pan refills for shadows and blushes
antiquitease
stylistics
REAL pigments - Lark About, Bell Bottom Blue - if you are worried about pigments here, just open it and make sure the lid is not shiny.
smiles.gif

He's a really nice guy..just got tricked by someone else.

OMG I was so not aware of this but I am glad to hear that he removed them and that it was an accident that they were selling them in the first place. When I went he really was a nice guy
smiles.gif

XoMakeup

I went to Melody's yesterday. Great place!!! The owner is very nice.

They had a lot of LE products.
From what i can remember:
They had mineralized blushes
Mineralized eye shadows duo
Fafi quad 1 & 2
N collection etc...

They also had mac brushes

Eye shadows
- Texture
- Fade
- Swish
- Bitter
- Moon's reflection
- Romp
- Mulch
- Wood-winked

Pigments:
-Pinkbronze
-Violet
-Mutiny

These are the ones i remember.
If your in the area you should definitely check it out!
th_DANCE.gif

mkay224

I'm so excited to have discovered this from all of you!!
th_DANCE.gif
has anyone been there lately and can tell me if they still have the 187 brush and how much it's going for? I'm going to try to check out the store this coming weekend and am totally hoping it's still in stock! Thanks all.

lahlalove

I went yesterday. They still had everything from the post above but to add to the post, the things that I remember seeing were...

Quite Natural Paint pot
A few Antiquitease Royal Assets lip and eyeshadow palettes
Reflects gold glitter

Lipsticks
Viva Glam IV
Viva Glam VI
1N
3N
4N

MES duos
Sea and Sky
Fresh Green Mix
...there was another but i didnt look at the name

Dazzleglasses
baby sparks
money honey

Pigments
Vanilla
Rose
Chocolate Brown
Purple

Eyeshadows
Nehru
Gorgeous Gold
Star Violet
Sketch
Go

cetati

I seriously cannot tell if the stuff I got there (187 brush, fresh green mix, eyeshadow (can't remember color right now)) are real or fake. Some of it looks fishy---different from the things I buy in store, but that might just mean they're from another country's MAC.

msashlay

Your MES is definitely real. I got 2 brushes there and they look perfectly fine to me, exactly like my store bought ones.

XoMakeup

I also got brushes there. They look like my other ones i got at the Mac store.

I adore this place!!!!!

Latest posts