Alien - Thierry Mugler

emeraldjewels

Last year my mom and I came to NY for a shopping trip, we went into bloomingdales and on the way in we got sprayed with this. On first smell, I thought this isn't me, but after about 5 hours of walking round the store, having our make up done etc.. Just before we go to leave I smelt it again and OMG...just gorgeous.

Since then I really haven't worn anything else, my Chanel Chance and JPG Classique have been totally pushed aside.

So, does anyone else love this perfume? I am addicted

aleksis210

Re: Alien - Thierry Mugley

I'm curious about this perfume, I'm going to smell it the next time I see it..

SingFrAbsoltion

Someone gave me a small bottle of this a few years, I smelled it and thought it was the worst perfume ever! It gave me a headache and made me nauseous. I just found the bottle recently, and I love the smell now! Funny how perfume taste changes just like personal style.

emeraldjewels

I get asked what my perfume is all the time, i was once in a black cab in london, and the driver asked me what perfume I was wearing. I have had more compliments than any other perfume i've worn before.

I think its a very different smell in the bottle to what it smells like on.

Kayteuk

I think I will buy this at the airport next week. It smells amazing!

Malena

When I smelled it for the 1st time I thought it was the most horrible scent I´ve ever smelled
yucky.gif
but then out of a sudden I became curious about it again & walked to the next perfumery to smell it again - turned out I liked it much better, so now I own a bottle as well
greengrin.gif

IMO the new scent from J-P Gaultier "Ma Dame" comes a bit close to "Alien", but is less heavy & fruitier. That´s my favourite scent at the moment, though it gets lots of bad reviews on other boards.

agirlnamedfury

I tried this at sephora today, and loved it. I also love the name and the look of the bottle.... looks like I have to buy it! My wallet hates me.

clamster

I sniffed this at the store but wash in a rush so didn't really spray it or really notice it but now I am curious about it because I remember the smell being nice and now want a sample. I am 16 but this seems like it is aimed toward an older crowd? Would this be appropriate for a teenager?

rbella

I love it, my husband hates it. Which makes me sad b/c that and Fendi Palazzo are my faves and he hates both. He prefers Kors by Michael Kors or Chanel No. 5 or Tiffany. BORING.

revinn

I smelled this in the Bay the other day, after hearing a lot about it on various perfume forums/Specktra. It's very unique, and not an offensive as Angel, IMO. I'm not sure if I like it or not, but I feel like it could grow on me. I'll definitely check it out the next time I see it at a department store.

kiss

I had a sample bottle, and I thought it smelled way better than Angel (which I hate) but I still didn't think "omg this smells so good I must buy it" like with some other perfumes.

aziajs

I really like this scent. It's so odd that I noticed this thread today because I just wore this scent yesterday for the 1st time. I was so turned off my Angel that I didn't want to touch anything by Theirry Mugler with a ten foot pole but this is very nice.

user79

Somehow, this scent and the other Thierry Mugler scents really make me nauseous...it smells absolutely vile to me. But scent is different for everyone...

CantAffordMAC

My sister in law had a bottle of this a couple years back, and I loved the way it smelled. So my mom went crazy looking for it for me for Christmas, and I still have a lot left I think. I dont wear it too often but its strong and I always got compliments.
smiles.gif

ch33tah

i've been wearing this for a few years now. its great for summer when it's very hot outside and also in winter when i want to have a warm smell.

i absolutely love it. my poor Chanel coco mademoiselle has taken a back seat lately!

kabuki_KILLER

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamster
I sniffed this at the store but wash in a rush so didn't really spray it or really notice it but now I am curious about it because I remember the smell being nice and now want a sample. I am 16 but this seems like it is aimed toward an older crowd? Would this be appropriate for a teenager?

Only the person herself can decide what perfume suits her. I've seen older women wear scents aimed for younger people, and it works. I think people should always wear the right scent for them. Don't try to hard to buy what is popular for your age group, but don't try to go against the flow for the sake of non-confomity either.

KristyVictoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malena
When I smelled it for the 1st time I thought it was the most horrible scent I´ve ever smelled
yucky.gif
but then out of a sudden I became curious about it again & walked to the next perfumery to smell it again - turned out I liked it much better, so now I own a bottle as well
greengrin.gif

IMO the new scent from J-P Gaultier "Ma Dame" comes a bit close to "Alien", but is less heavy & fruitier. That´s my favourite scent at the moment, though it gets lots of bad reviews on other boards.

I don't think these two are even remotely comparable. Ma Dame is a fruity aquatic floral, and Alien is a heady indolic synthetic jasmine. I love both, but they are totally different IMO.

Hikaru-chan

I used to love Angel, would wear it every day and got trough a few bottles of it but now I can't bear to be near anyone who smells of it.
I feel physically sick every time I get a slight whiff of it.
Same goes for Alien.