All I Want for Christmahanakwanzaa 2012 Is...

CartoonChic

I have Louise Young brushes on my X-mas list. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger now, but I might wait another week or so. I'm also thinking of those Clinique chubby pencils. They have new, opaque ones and there's a coral that's just my style. That's really it for me as far as beauty products. Oh, there's a MUFE powder foundation on the Sephora site that's not in stock yet. I check everyday to see if it's available. Getting impatient over here.
nonono.gif
Prelude is next on my list. I was so tempted to add it to my order, but I was trying to stick to some sort of budget. Adding Prelude to my cart would've destroyed it. I'm hoping another discount or special will roll along later.

CartoonChic

Cartoon how is your green Anthro dress working out? I was able to pick it up on popback Friday, but I'm afraid an XS will be too small for my curves.
I love the dress. I felt very first lady-esque when I tried it on. I went with my usual S and it fits great. Need to find a reason to wear it, or maybe I should just put it on without thinking. I'm normally sporting jeans, so dresses automatically make me feel dressed up. I feel like I need a reason to wear a dress. What's popback Friday?

I went to the website since I haven't visited it since Black Friday. The Sinopia maxi dress is now only $49.95. I can't do another price adjustment for it and it's already past the time period for me to do one anyway. I'm still very happy with the deal I got for it, but $50 would be an even better deal. I'm patiently waiting for the necklace I want to go on sale. But now I kind of wished I didn't go to the website because I see a few other items I want are now on sale. I need to show more restraint. Do you have your eye on anything else?

VampyCouture

I have Louise Young brushes on my X-mas list. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger now, but I might wait another week or so. I'm also thinking of those Clinique chubby pencils. They have new, opaque ones and there's a coral that's just my style. That's really it for me as far as beauty products. Oh, there's a MUFE powder foundation on the Sephora site that's not in stock yet. I check everyday to see if it's available. Getting impatient over here.
nonono.gif
Shontay, you peaked my interest. Is this it? http://www.sephora.com/pro-finish-multi-use-powder-foundation-P377189?skuId=1479542

I want it too! MUFE is my favorite brand :) I don't think I've ever applied a powder foundation wet except baked eyeshadows and some baked blushes. I heard you can with MSFN natural for a nice coverage. What brush would you use to apply this wet?

MissTT

nonono.gif
What's the deal with Louise Young brushes, Shontay? Spill!
girl_devil.gif

CartoonChic

Oh no! It's the worst feeling when you're just out of the price adjustment window or you were eligible for two close together. Gotta shrug it off though. No way you would have gotten that dress trying to wait for it to get down to $50. The Calla Asymmetric Dress popped back into stock on Friday. Sorry my grammar was confusing. Popbacks happen any day at any time. Essentially it's a restock. I thought you wore an XS like me? Maybe we're just built differently. I did pick up the Morning Birds Sweatercoat and the Beaucaire Cardigan during the sweater promo over the weekend and purchased two belts, the Chrysanthemum Tea Dress and the Dimensional Petals Cardi the week before. The Moto Cardi, a hoodie, and probably something else the week before that. LOL I get packages nearly every day.
You're right, I probably would've missed out on the dress completely had I waited. I normally wear a S. I have to get XS if the cut runs larger. You got a great haul.

shontay07108

Shontay, you peaked my interest. Is this it? http://www.sephora.com/pro-finish-multi-use-powder-foundation-P377189?skuId=1479542 I want it too! MUFE is my favorite brand :) I don't think I've ever applied a powder foundation wet except baked eyeshadows and some baked blushes. I heard you can with MSFN natural for a nice coverage. What brush would you use to apply this wet?
Yup, that's it! MUFE is my favorite brand, too. I have their Duo Mat foundation (which I love), but I've never applied a powder foundation wet. I always use my Real Techniques buffing brush. It's my favorite for any kind of foundation. That or the expert face brush.
Oh no! It's the worst feeling when you're just out of the price adjustment window or you were eligible for two close together. Gotta shrug it off though. No way you would have gotten that dress trying to wait for it to get down to $50. The Calla Asymmetric Dress popped back into stock on Friday. Sorry my grammar was confusing. Popbacks happen any day at any time. Essentially it's a restock. I thought you wore an XS like me? Maybe we're just built differently. I did pick up the Morning Birds Sweatercoat and the Beaucaire Cardigan during the sweater promo over the weekend and purchased two belts, the Chrysanthemum Tea Dress and the Dimensional Petals Cardi the week before. The Moto Cardi, a hoodie, and probably something else the week before that. LOL I get packages nearly every day. What's the deal with Louise Young brushes, Shontay? Spill! :whip:
:lol: I have the one blending brush and I really like it. It's nice and soft and looks expensive. It provides precision which the Mac 217 doesn't (at least not for me). I have small lid space and a ton of space between the crease and brow, so I like to 'lift' the crease by applying the crease color above the actual crease of my eye. The LY brush allows me to really get the color there the way I want.

VampyCouture

lol.gif
I have the one blending brush and I really like it. It's nice and soft and looks expensive. It provides precision which the Mac 217 doesn't (at least not for me). I have small lid space and a ton of space between the crease and brow, so I like to 'lift' the crease by applying the crease color above the actual crease of my eye. The LY brush allows me to really get the color there the way I want.
Thanks! I have the Real Technique core face collection, but I haven't used the buffing brush as foundation. Mostly to apply highlighter and blush. I will have to check that technique out :) I can't wait for this powder to be released. It's definitely going in my stash .

CartoonChic

OK, I think I have my list.

• Hakuhodo Vermilion Brushes

• MAC gift card - to haul from Taste Temptation and Strength collections
  • MAC Brushes 138, 168 and 134 (in that order, lol)
  • Chanel eye shadow quads - Lilium and Prelude
  • Chanel polishes - Mimosa, Frenzy, Frisson, Paradoxal and Nouvelle Vague (still holding out hope)
  • An eggplant/deep purple leather bag
  • Anthropologie dress and necklace
  • Jeffrey Campbell boots
  • Pibbs 514 Kwik Dri Dryer
  • A wad of cash to buy all of this stuff!
The holidays are over, but I wanted to update my list. Thanks again Specktra polish fairy for Mimosa!
friends.gif

I'm planning to treat myself to at least one Hakuhodo Vermilion brush this year. I didn't get the MAC brushes listed, but I did pick up the 205, the new LE 287, and scored the 136 at a CCO. I think that's a great trade off. I'm buying Prelude soon and I'm still waiting for the Anthropologie necklace to go on sale. I've also decided to get myself those Jeffrey Campbell boots as a splurge for myself when my birthday rolls around. That's the only way I know I'll get them. Lol! The purple leather bag would still be nice to have, but my lemming for getting one has faded greatly.

I've made a resolution over in the Hair thread to take better care of my hair. That means the Pibbs dryer is a priority. I may end up getting it as my birthday splurge if I'm not able to purchase it sooner.
And last but certainly not least, I'm working to make the wad of cash a reality in the form of a new job.
greengrin.gif

I hope all of you were able to get what you wanted over the holidays.

lenchen

As you mention Hakuhodo, I need to buy the remaining ones in my cart, my beaumont boots from duo, and a new clarisonic pro brush in grey my white one is horribly stained! I also bought 2 clear cubes for all of my make-up.

Latest posts