ALL my brushes have become loose ! okay not all but alot .

urbanD0LL

i feel like crying , so many of them , like the metal part that connects to the bristles and the wood part of so many of my brushes has become really loose , some even came off . some of my Inglot , Quo & Sephora brushes are like that, the NYX and MAC ones are okay . (knock on wood!)
how do i get them back to how they were , more solid even ??!!

panda0410

You'll need to glue them back together. Clean the area really well and use some aryldite - its a water proof apoxy resin glue that sticks like the clappers!! My dad used to use it for his runners on his fishing rods and now I use it for my brushes... hehehe... you will need to mix this glue, it comes in two components, make sure the area is ventilated, it tends to cause headaches!

Junkie

Same thing happened with my QUO brushes, I used Shoe Goo - haha. Its a super sticky gel glue used to glue parts of your shoes together (treads, heels back to the base, etc). Its waterproof - and it worked really well.

You need to use a tooth pick though when applying. If you get that stuff on your fingers, its worse than super glue!

mena22787

hmm i'm not sure if this is causing it, but if you don't already, make sure you lay the brushes down flat to dry...hope that maybe helps...

shatteredshards

Yes, I second lying them flat to dry - don't wash them and drop them upright in a cup! The water will seep back down inside the ferrule (the metal part) and start dissolving the glue.

Also, if you deep clean your brushes with any kind of soak, use only just enough water to get the bristles wet - the less water you get in and around the ferrules, the better.

One of my oldest brushes is a Sonia Kashuk one, and it's old enough to have a blue handle (they've had white handles for awhile). I have no clue how long I've had it at this point, but it's older than my MAC brushes, which are all 3-5 years old. Anywho, I have yet to have any of my brushes come apart.

stronqerx

I agree with the rest of the posters. I once had my 129 brush fall apart like that. It was because when I would wash it, I would let the water run toward the metal. Try to just let the bristles get wet or else the water will get into the metal and loosen up the glue.

DILLIGAF

I don't agree with the dry flat idea. I like to elevate the back end of the brushes just a bit so that the hairs are pointed downward. Better safe than sorry.

antigone21

some of my Quo brushes are becoming loose as well (some after 2 weeks?!?!) I wash them carefully, try to not get water inside the ferrule and lay them flat. I guess they're just not very well made. Thanks for the glue tips, I didn't know what kind to buy but will check those out.