All new BA's, what to do with existing Clients?

KimmyAnn_678

I just started at our Lauder counter and need some advice... here's the backstory.

There used to be 1 Counter Manager and 1 other full time BA. About 4 months ago, the full timer left. About 3 months ago, the CM stepped down to the regular Beauty Advisor spot. A few weeks ago, that slot got cut to part time, and the BA decided that she didn't want Counter Manager back or Part time, so she left the department. For the past few months she had been the only one working the Counter. Within those last few months (she had gone thru a gift with call-in's MUAs from Lauder to help her out), she condensed the 2 client files into 1 (hers). The new Counter Manager started 1 week ago and I started yesterday. She gets every single client from the counter and I get zip to work with. She seems super nice, so I asked if I had a client file thinking maybe she'd say that she'd pull out a small part of her file to start one for me, but nope. What really pains me is that the BA that left, I thought I was good friends with her. I always helped her out when I worked in Cosmetics before at a different counter (put her stock away with her b/c I was at Arden and was always bored, starightened her drawers, wrapped up gift sets at X-mas for her while she was busy ringing them out etc, and have always bought at least $100 worth of product every single Gift since she started). So before the new girl started, I asked if there were going to be any clients for me to start with and she just said "You know "the new girl" is getting my file". I thought that if I asked ahead she'd feel for me and pull a small portion of the file (especially since she pilfered all the clients within the last few months from the other postion which I'm filling, otherwise I would have had my own file) and let me take those. Heck, I thought she'd even pull some of the best clients for me to work with.

I just don't know if I should say anything to our ASM or our AC when she comes into train me, or if I should just deal with it. But when the time comes for us to Pre-Sell Blockbusters, I'm going to be WAY behind since she has all the clients that already pre-sell them every year.

I'm so excited to working for Lauder, but this is just really bothering that these 2 ladies wouldn't help me get started in any way. And after my first day, I realize that the last BA has left the counter in a shambles, the drawers are a pigsty, the are tons of color products with no testers out, and products that do have testers out, that we don't even have. I just feel frustrated.

Thanks for any advice!

Asela88

dont worry hun your going to make your own clients..just make sure every person you sell too fills out a client card and let her know that she will be the first to know about upcoming gwp or pwp and what not..but it does really suck that your coworkers arent helping you out

KimmyAnn_678

Thanks, that's what I started and plan on continue doing
smiles.gif
There used to be 2 boxes, but now there is only 1 (like what did she do, throw the actual box away? LOL), so I plan on going out tomorrow and trying to find a card file/box to fit our cards. I just felt so let down since most of the people in our store are pretty helpful... I've been working there for 7 years and thought I got along well with the lady, but?? It will be interesting to see if she continues to buy Lauder and if she purchases from me since I was a loyal client of hers.

But in any case, I've been wanting to get into Lauder for quite some time, so I'm happy to be there even it's only Macy's measly 15 hours/week PT LOL.

smiles.gif

KimmyAnn_678

Just an update... we did dig up an old, small client file for me, but my CM told me that we can both share all of the clients until we start actually getting clients that prefer to work with one of us specifically. So as of now we're both calling from both client files
smiles.gif
Which makes me happy because my CM is totally super nice and I know we're going to work awesome together
greengrin.gif

Latest posts