All over wash (and help with Honesty!)

Calhoune

Hello, I just got honesty because I thought it would work well as an all over wash for me on the lid, since I need to minimize makeup-time before school but...

It's such a pretty color but it won't work!
weeping.gif

Whenever I use a brush I have to pack pack pack it on to get the color and then it all seems to disappear and I'm left with this strange grey shade on the lid:confused:
It works a bit better when I use my finger to apply it but after a while all the pretty goldish glitter is buried in my crease and I have that weird grey shade again..

I need tips on how to work with honesty, and another tip that would be very much appreciated, recs for a neutral-ish allover wash for school!

rouquinne

what about using a base like a paint or shadestick? i use Bare Canvas because i'm so pale, but someone else might be able to suggest a colour that would work with your skin tone.

Calhoune

I guess I have to look into those since I don't have and primer of any sort, I've tried it with concealer on the lid, not much luck though.

prinzessin784

I agree with using a base, that should help with the problem you described! I used to use concealer too but it creases really bad with the oils that are naturally in the eyelid. Try a paint!

Cruzpop

I use UDPP (Urban Decay Primer Potion) as a base for my eyeshadow and such. And might I say that it works pretty well. No creasing whatsoever. BUT when I apply Honesty after I put on the UDPP most of the color sorta disappears and falls to my cheeks. Hmph. I don't know. Maybe it's just Honesty. :\

frankie!

Didn't like honesty! After trying to make it work for a while (and failing), I just swapped it away. All that Glitters is a new favorite of mine
smiles.gif
What about shroom or naked lunch for a wash as well?

YvetteJeannine

My husband bought me a bunch 'o MAC for Christmas...and Honesty was included in the eyeshadow batch (it was also one of the colors I'd been coveting
winks.gif
)...He also got me Penny Shadestick...I use that as a base before using Honesty, and the e/s color comes out *so* rich and gorgeous!! Honesty is a Lustre formula; and, as a rule Lustres are generally a little tougher to work with...I personally LOVE them..but many don't. The trick is to use a good base, and a stiffer brush (I use a 252). Get a good bit of color on the brush (more than you'll think you'll use), and *pat* on the eyelid (NOT swipe)...

You should try Penny S/S...I can almost guarantee you'll love it!

Calhoune

Thank you everyone!
I'll definately look into paints and shadesticks
smiles.gif

Also I've kinda been eyeing amber light anyway, so I'll see about that aswell ^^ Thanks for the suggestions!

mzreyes

i think s/s are better to use with lusters than paints. and i used honesty with texture one time, and it was reeeaally pretty. even though texture isnt a luster, and i usually dont like to mix finishes. it still looked pretty good!

ultraviolet

Hmm I loved honesty with mulch in the crease
smiles.gif
I found that the color was truer and the sparkles lasted if i applied it with a damp brush.

jess98765

i'm the biggest honesty fan i think out there! its an amazing shade and i would suggest that you keep playing round with it cos it truely does look great on. i'm NC40 and it shows up as quite a natural shade for me.... i use a base underneath (MAC paints) which i strongly reccomend. i know what you mean when you say it doesn't stay on, cos i have occasionaly used it without the base and yea, it does kinda come off after a while! like i said though, don't give up on this e/s!!!! definitely look into paints/ shadesticks for bases

Latest posts