All the wrong reasons..?

MaskedBeauty

So my mom bought a house for me to live in and pay rent to her. She wanted to get me a roommate and I said I didn't want one but she pretty much said I find one or she finds one for me. So I asked a friend of mine if he knew anyone that would want to rent a room. He jokingly make a comment that he would move in. Before I go any further i'll tell you the story about me and him. We went out for like 3 weeks my junior year of High School (i'm 21 now). He broke up with me but we remained really good friends and still are really good friends. I hardly ever see him but we talk a lot. Ok back to the room renting part. He asked the next day if I was serious about him moving there like if it'd be weird and I saw well its pretty much up to you if you move in or not ya know. Well he kept asking questions like if it'd be weird if we went out or weird because one or both of us have feelings for the other. And it seemed like he was fishin around to try and find out if i like him. So i just straight up asked if that was what he wanted to know, if i like him. He said that I caught him but not to answer the question. so i'm like.. ok. So then he says when we watch that movie we wanted to rent that he wants to buy me dinner too.

So problem is I don't know if I really do like him or if I just feel like I do because I'm kinda lonely and don't have a guy in my life right now. He's a really nice guy but I'm not sure if I'd want to be in a relationship with him or if him moving in would be a good idea or not. I don't want to ruin our friendship and I think if he moved in and we went out and then broke up it would be kind of awkward having him there after that
thmbdn.gif
. I'm always upfront with guys when it comes to relationship stuff and feelings because I know I always hate it when guys lie to me or just won't tell me what they want from me or how they feel. So of course I will be honest if he asks. I was thinking of maybe hanging out with him for awhile and see how I feel but in the same hand I don't want him to like me more and then end up hurting him.

I also don't know why he would want to live with me. The house that I have is an older house built like in the 50's and needs a lot of work. Right now he lives in his parents house which is really nice with a nice pool in the backyard and only pays $100 for rent a month. He said he's seriously thinking about moving with me so I don't know. I think i'll just wait and see what he says and what he decides??
th_dunno.gif

What do you ladies think?? what would you do in my situation??

bellaboomboom

I think you summed it up in your title. You don't seem like you are sure you really like this guy (and I mean LIKE as in romantically!) so please don't put yourself into a position that you'll later regret. Basically I'm saying: You know this guy likes you a lot, and you are not sure how you feel, sounds like a friend, not a romance. Since you are not sure, I would not take a chance on such a CLOSE relationship, it could get ugly. Let's hope it would not since you say you are friends, but what if you find someone you really like and want to go out with?? What then? Since this guy likes you, you are going to feel weird, and who needs that?? If you think he can just handle living together as friends (like 3's Company), then go for it. Although, come to think of it, don't all these guys want something? JACK DID
smiles.gif
Please be careful. I think the only way he should move in with you is if he KNOWS that you are not thinking about a relationship with him now (which seems like you are not) and that if someone else comes along, he can go with it and be your friend and be happy with it. Good luck and Happy Holidays!

MaskedBeauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaboomboom
I think you summed it up in your title. You don't seem like you are sure you really like this guy (and I mean LIKE as in romantically!) so please don't put yourself into a position that you'll later regret. Basically I'm saying: You know this guy likes you a lot, and you are not sure how you feel, sounds like a friend, not a romance. Since you are not sure, I would not take a chance on such a CLOSE relationship, it could get ugly. Let's hope it would not since you say you are friends, but what if you find someone you really like and want to go out with?? What then? Since this guy likes you, you are going to feel weird, and who needs that?? If you think he can just handle living together as friends (like 3's Company), then go for it. Although, come to think of it, don't all these guys want something? JACK DID
smiles.gif
Please be careful. I think the only way he should move in with you is if he KNOWS that you are not thinking about a relationship with him now (which seems like you are not) and that if someone else comes along, he can go with it and be your friend and be happy with it. Good luck and Happy Holidays!

Thank you very much for your helpful advice. I agree, all guys want something. lol. kinda sucks that they're like that.

By the way, LOVE your avator picture. that is the cutest pit bull ever!
yes.gif

Almond_Eyed

If you're getting weird vibes from him, you probably don't want him to be your roomie =p

I would only have a guy roommate if we were platonic friends (of which I have many, and my bf doesn't seem to mind cause we all hang out together).

bellaboomboom

Thanks! That dog's name WAS "Piggy". He got adopted from Petco (the hat he is wearing says ADOPT). Not sure what his name is now but he's got a great home
smiles.gif
He was a lover!

MaskedBeauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almond_Eyed
If you're getting weird vibes from him, you probably don't want him to be your roomie =p

I would only have a guy roommate if we were platonic friends (of which I have many, and my bf doesn't seem to mind cause we all hang out together).

Its not that i'm getting weird vibes from him.. I think its just that we've been friends for so long that i don't want this to end up bad. He asked when he could talk to my mom about the room and she said this weekend. And he hasn't said anything else about if he likes me or not. He was just saying that he's excited to possibly be moving from home and into a house with a friend for a roommate. So that kinda put me at ease a little that he said FRIEND for a roommate and not someone he likes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaboomboom
Thanks! That dog's name WAS "Piggy". He got adopted from Petco (the hat he is wearing says ADOPT). Not sure what his name is now but he's got a great home
smiles.gif
He was a lover!

That is so cute! I would of totally adopted him too! lol! I love pit bulls.
yes.gif

Latest posts