All Things Beautylish

powderprincess

I got the new Wayne Goss holiday brush. IMO it's far to fluffy for highlighter and not precise enough, but it is delightful for a dusting of finishing power. It's super soft an airie and much larger than I had expected. A nice to have if you are a collector, but not a must have.

fur4elise

Sonia from Sweet Makeup Temptations (great source for brush nerds, especially if you're wanting to get into Japanese makeup brushes) is launching her own brush line soon(ish)! About Sonia G. | Beautylish

YES! [MENTION=65477]shellygrrl[/MENTION] ;) suggested Sonia's Brush Temple to me early on this year and it is packed with great information! It certainly helped me make informed choices before I invested in my pricier brushes. I could not be more happy with the brushes I now have. :thumbsup:

VAL4M

I really like the looks of this set.
Me too, so tempted but why the lippie brush? Those just throw me off of a brush set, same for the eyeliner brush! dont add those 2 in a set worth 350$ come on there are not worth de price. I can buy those for 10$ and be happy with it. The same rant can be apply for those chukohudo sets now on sell on beautylish :-/

fur4elise

I think I'm going to wait until individual brushes are released. And wait to hear reviews as well.

THIS! I love SG, but my wallet would cry over purchasing this. WHAT I love is all the people on other blogs whining about how expensive these brushes are...and dare I say trying to compare them to the fiasco of Kylie's brush set. *major eye roll* If you know anything about high end Japanese brushes the price point is not shocking. However for a first outing, nothing in this set is calling my name.

JerseyGirl

I didn’t realize there were chikuhodo sets again for Christmas. I really like a few of the sets I had in the past. Super soft bristles, gorgeous handles. The travel set intrigues me....

shellygrrl

Staff member
I think I'm going to wait until individual brushes are released. And wait to hear reviews as well.

Same. Right now there's only one I'm interested in (the pencil brush). Maybe she'll expand the line in the future, too.

WHAT I love is all the people on other blogs whining about how expensive these brushes are...and dare I say trying to compare them to the fiasco of Kylie's brush set. *major eye roll* If you know anything about high end Japanese brushes the price point is not shocking.

OMG. Kylie's set is likely mass manufactured with her name on them, even if they are to her specs. In that regard, you can get much more bang for your buck.

Handcrafted brushes are generally going to be more expensive. Hair/bristle type also affects price (e.g., goat hairs are less expensive than blue squirrel).

Icecaramellatte

Me too, so tempted but why the lippie brush? Those just throw me off of a brush set, same for the eyeliner brush! dont add those 2 in a set worth 350$ come on there are not worth de price. I can buy those for 10$ and be happy with it. The same rant can be apply for those chukohudo sets now on sell on beautylish :-/
I'm not seeing a lip or eyeliner brush in the SoniaG set.

shellygrrl

Staff member
I'm not seeing a lip or eyeliner brush in the SoniaG set.

She may be thinking of the Pencil One as the eyeliner brush and the Builder One as the lip brush (which it's not; it's a flat eyeshadow brush, but it looks more to me like a longer-bristled smudge brush).

lenchen

I got the new Wayne Goss holiday brush. IMO it's far to fluffy for highlighter and not precise enough, but it is delightful for a dusting of finishing power. It's super soft an airie and much larger than I had expected. A nice to have if you are a collector, but not a must have.
I agree, I have it and although it's a nice to have it's not a must have.

lenchen

Same. Right now there's only one I'm interested in (the pencil brush). Maybe she'll expand the line in the future, too.

OMG. Kylie's set is likely mass manufactured with her name on them, even if they are to her specs. In that regard, you can get much more bang for your buck.

Handcrafted brushes are generally going to be more expensive. Hair/bristle type also affects price (e.g., goat hairs are less expensive than blue squirrel).

I agree with your thoughts on handcrafted brushes it will be more expensive. I'm only interested in the fan brush, so I'll wait for the individual brushes to be released.

boschicka

I enjoyed the lucky bag I purchased, but that's b/c it had newly released items that I didn't have at the time. Mine also had a gift certificate in it, so it was "extra lucky."
I think now I pretty much own all the makeup from Beautylish that I want, so I would only be happy with brushes or skincare. I should probably skip.

DILLIGAF

This!!! I love the #15 brush. Thank you again @boschicka ;)

I signed up for notification. If I am very good, I may splurge...but I worry that products may not suit me...e.g. Too light, wrong colors, etc.
Every year it gets down to the wire and I get scared that I'm going to get a bag full of products I cannot use.

Latest posts