All Things Beautylish

Icecaramellatte

Eye brushes or Face. I'm open
Oh still hard! Okay I bought Wayne Goss eye set because I heard it was good for hooded eyes. It is! I say out of that set I like the #19 the best. So much so that I bought a 2nd. I like it for adding a second crease color just above the crease. New eye fave is Sonia G Crease Pro. Just bought a back up of that too. It applies the outer V color and blends it perfectly for me. I have been having this thing where I apply darker outer v colors and they just won't blend into the other colors properly. Could be my eye primer I don't know but this brush just doesn't require much work. It's great.

Face brushes:
Ah! So many loves again. I guess I use the Wayne Goss #13 the most. I apply Dermablend Flawless Creator (liquid) on imperfections) and then use another one(got it in a lucky bag) to apply studio Fix powder. I do spritz the studio fix sometimes with fix+ for a little extra coverage and it looks great. I use too brushes most days but sometimes I mix up the two brushes and use the same one and there is no problem. The new Wayne Goss Holiday brush 2018 is quite versatile too. I use it for highlighter but I have used it with blush too. Wayne says you can also use it for powder, liquid foundation and bronzer too.

fur4elise

Oooh! Good but tough question. I do not have any WG or SG face brushes right now. Oh! I do have Wayne's #15 Fan...I use that daily for highlightinIg. I have the WG Air & SG Sculpt 4 on my lust list ;)

For eyes, I am reaching for SG's Builder, Crease & Pencil Pro brushes all the time! I just love them! :cloud9:
I feel like both eye sets compliment each other. I use them in combination quite a bit...but those SG brushes are the bomb!

Shars

Undecided b/c of your needs or not sure how the brushes compare?
Maybe a bit of both but mostly in terms of how they compare. Do I need both or can I make do with one over the other? I already own the Pro Set so I have the Worker Pro and the Builder Pro and I also have Worker Two and just ordered Builder Two.

boschicka

Maybe a bit of both but mostly in terms of how they compare. Do I need both or can I make do with one over the other? I already own the Pro Set so I have the Worker Pro and the Builder Pro and I also have Worker Two and just ordered Builder Two.
If you have all those other brushes, I'd say you're golden as is.

Alysse011

If I were to only get two Sonia G or Wayne Goss brushes what should they be.
I originally had a very long answer typed out with 2 picks from each category (face and eye) for each brand. I decided to delete that and actually answer your question as you intended lol.

I would get - Sonia G Sculpt One and Worker Two. I really do love Wayne's brushes, but I like Sonia G a little more. Also, they're beautiful. Everything about them. The bristles are beautiful, but the handles are lacquered and weighted and gorgeous too. I think the Sculpt One and Worker Two are extremely versatile. I actually love the Sculpt One for bronzer, not just contour.

DILLIGAF

Thank you ladies for the suggestions. I will be getting some new brushes soon. I will update when I do.

Mac-Guy

The Bloom palette is on sale for $38.50 on the ND website.

EDIT: It seems that this is the Pro Discount as regular customers can't see it. Pros need to log in first.

Last edited:

JerseyGirl

If anyone is interested in Wayne Goss’ synthetic brushes, they are now available individually on Beautylish.

VAL4M

Question: the chikuhodo mont fuji brush set vs the sonia G face pro brush set what should i chose?

JerseyGirl

Question: the chikuhodo mont fuji brush set vs the sonia G face pro brush set what should i chose?

The Mount Fuji set is beautiful and unique. Sonia G’s set is also beautiful but not limited edition. I would say it depends which set has brushes that you need or would use more. Sonia’s website actually has reviews of both as well. And I believe you tuber Kinkysweat has Demo/reviews of both sets so you can see them in action.

DILLIGAF

The Mount Fuji set is beautiful and unique. Sonia G’s set is also beautiful but not limited edition. I would say it depends which set has brushes that you need or would use more. Sonia’s website actually has reviews of both as well. And I believe you tuber Kinkysweat has Demo/reviews of both sets so you can see them in action.

I really like her. Her YT is one of my more recent, more mature subscriptions.

Last edited:

VAL4M

I really like her as YT one of my more recent, more mature subscriptions.
Yes I found her and quite like her too I've watch several of her video .... I guess i'm undecided because there is a couple of brush I dont care for in the Sonia G set and she take a eternity to restock.

lenchen

Is anybody considering the new collab with beautylish and chikuhodo?
I passed simply because I just want the powder brush, and I wasn't willing to spend $155 to just use 1 brush out of the set. I'd rather use that cash towards another release of Sonia G brushes. Besides, I already have a travel powder from Chikuhodo regular line and one from houkodo

DILLIGAF

This place is death for my wallet. I just placed an order and picked up a few things off my wishlist.
  • Smith Cosmetics 230 Quill Crease Brush Small
  • Smith Cosmetics 235 Flat Quill Crease Brush
  • Natasha Denona Lila Palette
  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam Palette
  • Lit Cosmetics Glitter in Nightlife S3
Everything was discounted with the exception of the Brushes. I just threw those on top because I've been wanting to try them for a while now. All the other items that were discounted are final sale, No Refunds, No Returns. I grabbed the ABH palette as a gift for my sister's bday in October. She is a neutral fan I really hope she loves it.

Latest posts