All Things Beautylish

VAL4M

I missed the Sonia G set :( I was in a meeting at worked and finished late. I had my cart ready but it was removed when I had time to go on my phone. So I"m not buying anything unless they are coming back in stock before the end of the promotion. but THAT sucks big time they are taking forever to restock. Money saved I guess

VAL4M

What?!? There are Koyudo Cherry Blossom sets listed as Returning Soon. Did I miss them or are they new?!
No, I look them up when Sonia G launch her Sky brush set and they were there, out of stock If i remember so god know how long there out of stock and you never scroll down all the way maybe? Are they any good those Koyudo brushes??? I'm looking for the perfect blush brush I used to love my Clarins blush brush but after 12 years I declutter it as it was shedding like crazy. I have several blush brushes but none compare so of course I continue my quest for the perfect brush LOL

DMcG9

There's a white squirrel hair brush? I am intrigued. It also makes me laugh because there is a family of white squirrels in one of the big public parks here in Toronto and they're kind of a big deal because they're not very common. We have plenty of the usual black, red, and grey squirrels, but not white. The white squirrel was such a big deal that a local coffee shop near the park was named White Squirrel Coffee...

VAL4M

There's a white squirrel hair brush? I am intrigued. It also makes me laugh because there is a family of white squirrels in one of the big public parks here in Toronto and they're kind of a big deal because they're not very common. We have plenty of the usual black, red, and grey squirrels, but not white. The white squirrel was such a big deal that a local coffee shop near the park was named White Squirrel Coffee...
Albinos Squirrel we have a couple of them here in Montreal also ;) but we dont have red squirrels only Grey and Black but I wouldn't do any brushes with our black squirrel they are not furry enough but the grey squirrels on the other hand.....

DMcG9

Albinos Squirrel we have a couple of them here in Montreal also ;) but we dont have red squirrels only Grey and Black but I wouldn't do any brushes with our black squirrel they are not furry enough but the grey squirrels on the other hand.....

LOL, so true about the black squirrels not being suitable for a brush. The reds and greys definitely have some very fluffy tails. I'm glad to hear that the albino squirrels are also alive, well, and appreciated in Montreal!

boschicka

No, I look them up when Sonia G launch her Sky brush set and they were there, out of stock If i remember so god know how long there out of stock and you never scroll down all the way maybe? Are they any good those Koyudo brushes??? I'm looking for the perfect blush brush I used to love my Clarins blush brush but after 12 years I declutter it as it was shedding like crazy. I have several blush brushes but none compare so of course I continue my quest for the perfect brush LOL

They sent one of the dark bristled Cherry Blossom sets to Youtuber Tarababyz, and I'm not impressed, so those are off my radar. Of course the third set which still has my attention is the $900 one. :cry:

fur4elise

CHIKUHODO
Takumi Series T-6 Large Eye Shadow
Billy B
Paint Brush Five
Smith Cosmetics
214 Spoolie Brush
CHIKUHODO
Z Series Z-6 Eyebrow
Wayne Goss
Brush 08 Eyeliner Brush
KOYUDO
BP Series BP033 Eye Shadow Brush M
KOYUDO
BP Series BP035 Eye Shadow Brush M
KOYUDO
Premium Series SJ301 Eye Shadow Brush
KOYUDO
BP Series BP022 Blush Brush
KOYUDO
Yoshiki Series Yoshiki-001 Powder Brush
KOYUDO
Premium Series SJ200 Blush Brush
KOYUDO
Premium Series SJ300 Eye Shadow Brush
The Brush Guard
Highlight & Blush Pack (Medium)
Graphite
Wow wow wow! Super brush envy over here ;) But I get it! The is such pleasure in using luxury quality brushes! :tee: ~ Please do share your thoughts on the Koyudo. That is a brand that has not been on my radar.

Shars

I, um, ordered 12 brushes from Beautylish...um, after I ordered a White Canadian Squirrel brush from CDJapan. And, uh, I might go back to order 2 more brushes from BL. Then my shame and I will go to timeout.
:tiptoe::angel::help:
All Hail Queen Bosch!! Living vicariously through you right now. I want to buy things but nothing is catching my fancy. This sale being early caught me off-guard this year.

AbbyAbhc19

I can see here that you are all talking about brushes. What brushes do you suggest for amateurs to use? I am thinking of Zoeva, Mac and some Real Techniques recently.

shellygrrl

Staff member
I'd look more at shapes that you may want to use and think about the kinds of makeup looks you're most likely to do on a regular basis, to start. Then consider your budget and that will help narrow brands down.

That said! One thing you can do is watch some makeup brush videos on Youtube to get some ideas of what brushes other people like to use and for what purposes, for inspiration.

JerseyGirl

I have a comment about Real Techniques... I bought many of their brushes a few years ago... the black rubbery part on the bottom has gotten so gross and sticky. I hate using them now. I’m getting close to throwing them all out. I haven’t looked at their brushes lately, maybe they changed them. Just my two cents!

DILLIGAF

I have a comment about Real Techniques... I bought many of their brushes a few years ago... the black rubbery part on the bottom has gotten so gross and sticky. I hate using them now. I’m getting close to throwing them all out. I haven’t looked at their brushes lately, maybe they changed them. Just my two cents!
The same has happened to me and they have redesigned their brushes to exclude the black rubberized part. If you want to save your brushes first clean them off with your choice of cleanser. I used Mrs, Myers all-purpose cleanser with a cloth to get the sticky off. Once clean then take a silica-based powder like the MUFE HD powder and liberally dust the sticky bits. Allow the powder to sit for a bit then dust it off. You can then use your brushes again. At least until you wash them again.

boschicka

I can see here that you are all talking about brushes. What brushes do you suggest for amateurs to use? I am thinking of Zoeva, Mac and some Real Techniques recently.

I definitely agree with @ shellygrrl shellygrrl .
For more specifice points:
Now that MAC has switched to synthetic fibers, it doesn't seem people are as happy with them.
I prefer Zoeva eye brushes over Real Techniques, but you could probably get away with RT for face brushes.

JerseyGirl

The same has happened to me and they have redesigned their brushes to exclude the black rubberized part. If you want to save your brushes first clean them off with your choice of cleanser. I used Mrs, Myers all-purpose cleanser with a cloth to get the sticky off. Once clean then take a silica-based powder like the MUFE HD powder and liberally dust the sticky bits. Allow the powder to sit for a bit then dust it off. You can then use your brushes again. At least until you wash them again.
Thank you, I will try this.

DILLIGAF

I definitely agree with @ shellygrrl shellygrrl .
For more specifice points:
Now that MAC has switched to synthetic fibers, it doesn't seem people are as happy with them.
I prefer Zoeva eye brushes over Real Techniques, but you could probably get away with RT for face brushes.
Now that Zoeva is at Ulta I think I'm finally going to grab a set.

Latest posts