All you Melon Pigment Lovas!

Iridescence

So, I love Melon pigment. But I find it doesn't show up as brightly as I want it to. Is there any color that would help bring out its brightness? I know using it with a mixing medium would probable help or using it wet.

Thanks!

user79

Use a shadestick as a base, maybe in another colour to bring out the different undertones...

SnowWhiteQueen

Definitely use melon wet!! Makes so much of a difference in terms of standing out. I just wet my brush before I dip it into the pigment. Goes on very smooth and lovely! I also am a huge fan of MAC's paints - they are wonderful for making the colour show up more. I use bare canvas and find that it workd great!!!

Esperanza

I second what the girls said: try to use Melon wet or with a shadestick. I use Beige-ing as a base and it brings out the color a lot more than if you use it dry.

mzreyes

corn s/s, mangomix s/s, and crimsonaire s/s bring out the diff. tones in the pig! its pretty!!

Iridescence

Thanks everyone!!!
smiles.gif

Holly

Yup, use it wet (Water,Fix +, mixing medium etc), or use a base like UDPP, a shadestick, or a paint
smiles.gif

yummy411

a user on specktra, xspark... i'm sorry, her username is escaping me but she did a fotd w/ tutorial on using acid orange/ autoshock orange liquid last liner (can't remember the exact name) as her base with melon on top and it was beautiful!!

labwom

Im an NC43 and when I use Fawntastic or Luna CCB, Melon comes out bright and pretty! Try it.

me_jelly

Melon is one of my favs - definitely try it with a paint (i prefer stillife) underneath and use with mixing medium - it will intensify the color a lot and make it a lot smooth to apply than it already is.

Dark_Phoenix

If I want it to contrast more I use it with fushia pigment; the difference in colors shows up well (they have the same finish so they blend really easily).