already have 2 217, do I need 239?

RoseMe

I read that 217 and 239 are both on the "must have" list, and 239 is good for packing color whereas 217 is good for blending. I already have 2 217 and love them, do I really need a 239? Does 217 pack color less effective than 239?

ThanKs so much!

Penn

In my opinion, the 217 is still really good at packing on colour.
I do love my 239 though

blindpassion

In my opinion, the 239 and the 217 serve very different purposes. I own 4 239's.

They are both amazing brushes and without a doubt I use each every time I do eye makeup on myself or others.

217 is the perfect soft crease brush (as im sure you know!
smiles.gif
) , and the 239 is amazing at packing on color
smiles.gif

xxManBeaterxx

Yes you need the 239! The 217 is fluffy, i use it for blending and a quick wash of color all over my lid. The 239 is dense and stiff, so it packs on color a lot better than the 217.

nunu

I hate the 239, it never applies colour to my lid so i use the 231.
I prefer it to the 239.

SpringDancer

Yup! IMO it packs on color much better than the 217.
I use the 217 for applying lid colors when I want a less concentrated application.

Heiaken

Yes. I have one 239 that I use to pack the colour to the lid and 2 217 that I use blend and apply colour to the crease.

BloopBloop

since the 217 is more fluffy, you'll have more precision with the 239 when packin on your color to your lid. so that being said, GET IT! now you make me want to get another 217

MACandie2012

yes!!! absolutely! get it! the 217 is more of a blending brush and u can use the 239 as an all over lid color, or u can use the edge of it to line your lower lashes. the 239 is very versatile so i would definitely recommend it.
mac_addict.gif