Alright...now I am really pissed off at MAC

samtaro

Okay...so I'm sure some of you read the thread where people were concerned as MAC was not getting back to them. 3 of these issues were about busted Lipgelee tubes.

I have had two break. I did not contact MAC the first time, cause I thought it might have been my fault. However, when I saw that others had burst, and then when another of my tubes burst, I contacted them.

After getting no response for a week, I emailed again. Today they sent me an email saying I would have to send them the tubes back and then they would send me a refund check...

That would be fine if I still had the tubes...which I would have still would have had (one of them) if they had emailed me back sooner. I didn't know to keep them, my main concern was making sure my jeans didn't stain! (as both bust in my pocket...which is ridiculous...we should be able to have lipgloss in our pockets).

The email was curt, and it said that they were not experiencing problems with the packaging. THat is a bold faced lie. I know of several people whose tubes burst. They were sent replacements, no questions asked.

I feel I am getting this treatment because of a problem I had before. My before Christmas order, two items were missing. The reship got "lost in the mail" according to them. I was made promise after promise, that it would be to me in time for me to ship the gifts to my friends...it was not. After a struggle, I merely got refunded. I think because of that they are treating me poorly now.

That time did not effect how much I buy MAC. It was a couple of shipping errors...not a problem as much with Customer Service or the products.

THis time is is a problem with the product and Customer Service. It will effect how much I purchase. I am very displeased.

I know some of you will disagree with me on this, but I don't feel that I should have to be out the $28 I spent on those lipglosses. THey were both nearly new when the burst. Had I have known to keep the packaging, I would have.

This will seriously affect my spending habits at MAC unless the situation is rectified.

glittergoddess27

That does suck that you had that happen,.. I know that they had the same problem with the Lipstains from the Beau collection at Nordies,.. my Twirltone is now in a mac sample jar,..I had only used it once or twice when it happened but it turned out okay and I just B2M'd the tube. SInce I kept the product and it was usable it didnt really bother me,... I should hope you didn't throw your empties away?? Or did you B2M them already?

blueyedlady87

Always keep your empties! You can B2M them and get free lipstick. (I keep mine in an old MAC bag.) I can't believe that they won't just refund you! I mean, why does anyone want to keep a tube of busted, messy lipgloss hanging around, unless you do B2M. But anyways,, I would file a complaint w/ customer service. Be sure to state that you feel they are being prejudiced against you since you recently had a seperate issue. Hopefully it will all turn out okay. Goodluck!! I'm set to recieve a small order today and I'm just hoping that my Petticoat skinfinish isnt all broken as other members here have been. If not, customer service is def. gonna hear about it!!!

Isis

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbie_doll_713
I'm just hoping that my Petticoat skinfinish isnt all broken as other members here have been. If not, customer service is def. gonna hear about it!!!

People have been receiving the broken ?! MAC usually packages their products so carefully though... And if I can send one to Germany and have it get there in one piece, why can't MAC? Interesting....

samtaro

You know what, I am a doof! I do back to mac, but both times I threw out the dumb tubes! I guess I was just so mad/startled that they broke, (and I am a stain nazi!) I freaked out, tossed them out and went to work making sure my pants didn't stain.

I normally remember to keep stuff. Ack

I emailed them back saying that my treatment today would seriously affect my spending habits and that I would be telling my friends that I was unhappy with the service I recieved. Hopefully that sparks them to act. I indeed mentioned that I felt I was recieving poor treatment because of the previous issue as well.

I emailed them at about 1 today, no responce so far. I will give it two days, and then I will not only call I will file with the BBB.

user2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairladyZ
People have been receiving the broken ?! MAC usually packages their products so carefully though... And if I can send one to Germany and have it get there in one piece, why can't MAC? Interesting....

Yeah sister!!!
greengrin.gif

blueyedlady87

FairladyZ said:
People have been receiving the broken ?! MAC usually packages their products so carefully though... QUOTE]

Yes, there was a thread not too long ago and some had recieved a Petticoat that was broken so MAC sent them a replacement and the replacement was broken too! i believe they were awaiting their 3rd replacement. That person also said something about how it was only bubblewrapped the second time. So I don't know what thats all about. I'll let you know when I get mine, :].

liquidsirenhoney

i've had my tube a while and now it's busted...there is 3/4 left but i had thought about calling mac...guess i won't bother now...thankfuly both of my msf's came unbroken i would be so bummed if they did.

samtaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsirenhoney
i've had my tube a while and now it's busted...there is 3/4 left but i had thought about calling mac...guess i won't bother now...thankfuly both of my msf's came unbroken i would be so bummed if they did.

I'd still contact them. They claim that there's nothing wrong with the packaging. If enough people complain, maybe they'll fix it!

samtaro

Thanks to everyone who responded. THey have not replied to my rather upset email that I sent back. I am truly disappointed in MAC right now.

I'll keep trying though. I am not about to go unheard.

depecher

Have you tried calling them to voice your concerns? It may be better for you if they hear how you've been treated. I am truly sorry about your experiences.

blueyedlady87

Yes, you should call!! My Petticoat and Satellite Dreams eyeshadow arrived unharmed. I cant believe MAC doesn't bubble wrap them or something! Even Sephora will wrap their stuff up in paper wads. ?? Good luck fixing this problem!

mel0622

mine has never bursted before. i've had it for a long time now. but i never put it in my pockets u've probably noticed but the tube is way softer than any lip gloss i've ever owned.

but the part about missing stuff from ordering online really sucks. i'd hate that if that happened to me thats why i never really order anything online. unless the store isnt near me. otherwise i just go in person and buy it.

blueyedlady87

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel0622
mine has never bursted before. i've had it for a long time now. but i never put it in my pockets u've probably noticed but the tube is way softer than any lip gloss i've ever owned.

but the part about missing stuff from ordering online really sucks. i'd hate that if that happened to me thats why i never really order anything online. unless the store isnt near me. otherwise i just go in person and buy it.

Same here! but in my city all we have is a counter. So they only stock 80%. So sometimes I have to order straight from MAC. ANd my counter had run out of Petticoat, so I just oredered it online!

Wontpayretail23

My Dame in A Dress Lipgelee took a dive with a leak right at the top left cornor when it was brand new. THey said I could squeeze out what was left into a pot but forward on the empty when I get the postage paid envelope in the mail. (I'm still waiting) The sad part is they have none of this or Cool & Aloof, or Who's That Lady to replace it with. All they could do is refund my money or give me another item of my choice.

mspixieears

That really sucks! I would totally keep on pestering them till you get the outcome you deserve because that is not on.

samtaro

I have emailed them one last time telling them that I feel the way I was treated was unacceptable, and that if it is not rectified to my satisfaction, I will give up purchasing MAC altogther and encourage my friends and family to do the same.

I buy from every collection, and just because I had a problem with MAC before is no reason for them to not take every effort availableto fix my issue.

I will keep all of you posted, hopefully they get back to me soon!

brooke

i complained to mac a while ago and had lost all hope in them getting back to me. actually i was pissed that no one cared. THEN in the mail one day came a bare canvas paint and a nice letter. YAY. Maybe they will come through for you...hopefully!

Latest posts