altering quads

ben

i removed the plastic insert from one of my quads to make room for a couple more shadows. with the insert removed i can store an extra two pans, but i am not too sure how stable this altered quad is going to be.

has anyone done this before and what where the results? i am worried that the shadows will shift and unstick and break if transported.

lara

As long as the new ones are stuck down well, it'll be fine. To be honest the shroud in the palette doesn't really do much in the way of stability and support - it just gives a finished and presented look. If in doubt, though, put a couple of those flat cotton pads under the lid when travelling and don't fling it around too much.
smiles.gif

pugmommy7

i was taking b2m's in and the mua asked,'Are you sure you want to turn this in?
it was the depotted sweetcake quad.
Is there any reason I would want this? Am i being dense? I store everything in 15 pan pallettes,but I may use this if it were magnetized,but to the best of my knowledge it is not.
TIA,
love,
j

lara

Maybe it was because you can reuse them as regular quads? I depan mine carefully, snap them back into shape and then give them to friends to use
smiles.gif

ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugmommy7
i was taking b2m's in and the mua asked,'Are you sure you want to turn this in?
it was the depotted sweetcake quad.
Is there any reason I would want this? Am i being dense? I store everything in 15 pan pallettes,but I may use this if it were magnetized,but to the best of my knowledge it is not.
TIA,
love,
j

i think that it's a good thing to have a couple quads laying around. that way you can load one up with the shadows you're wearing if you're going out and need to touch up. it's much easier that being your whole pallet.

Latest posts