Alternative for Lancome Star Gloss?

Jenneh

Hi guys! I was wondering if anyone knows of a good alternative to Lancome's Star Gloss? It was the first high-end lip gloss I had bought when I was younger and it's still my favorite gloss (I absolutely adored the pigmentation of it because it was excellent for my highly pigmented lips and I loved loved LOVED the brush! I didn't mind the scent of it either), but the product has been discontinued for years now. =\

I've been searching through several brands (MAC, Smashbox, Nars, Cover Girl, Maybelline, NYX, etc.) to find a product similar to the Star Gloss, but have yet to find a good dupe for it, the closest I've found was through NYX (I believe the product is actually discontinued now too), but I can't even bare to stand the scent and taste of it! It smelled like roses of some sort and it tasted disgusting (not sure of what it was called specifically but it's the one that came in a really long pyramidal shaped tube)!

I know that upon discontinuing Star Gloss, Lancome came out with Color Fever, but I have yet to try it. Has anyone tried it yet? How is it?

If anyone could please recommend an alternative for the Star Gloss it'd be great. Thanks everyone! =)

SparklingWaves

Some other brands to check out are Dior, Chanel, Prescriptives, and Clarins. I hope you find one that is close. I hate it when they d/c a product that I really love to use too. Good luck.

BTW -Prescriptives you can create your own too.

VioletB

You're right. I loved the star glosses!! The color fever glosses are good, I have bought one, but have played with all the colors at work. This is what I don't like about them.

The doe-foot applicator. It looks like a toilet scrubber! You don't get enough gloss on the end of it to get good color payoff so you have to keep dipping and reapplying. (I loved the brush on the star glosses too!!
ssad.gif
)

The star glosses had thick, rich color. The color in the tube is the color that went on your lips! They were more like a liquid lipstick. The color fever glosses are all soooo sheer. There is this GORGEOUS dark blood maroon color that would be sooooo beautiful on but when I tried it (granted, for sanitary reasons I had to use a q-tip) but it just looked like a plummy stain on the lips. Disappointing.
ssad.gif

Finally, I don't think they are worth the twenty something dollar price tag. In my opinion, the star glosses were.

Maybe a good suggestion would be to try the MAC lacquer.. those are more of a liquid lipstick. My only hesitation.. they seem to make my lips flake a little more than usual so I am biting to get the goo off and in turn have no color on my lips.
smiles.gif
Anyway.. I hope this helps!